Respected Contributor

QVC's IT team is at again.  They changed the way the pictures for each item is displayed once the user clicks on it.  I just wanted to get a closer look at some bowls, clicked on one of the smaller pictures and 7 pictures popped up, all of them on the small side.  Guess I won't be ordering them since I can't see the details very well.

Honored Contributor

Re: IT TEAM UP TO NO GOOD AGAIN

@KatieB   When I hoover my mouse over a pic, it enlarges.  Nothing has changed for me.  I am on a computer.

What is the item number of the bowls?

What device are you using?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac 

The item number is K78561 - Martha Stewart Sculpted Green Leaf Bowls.    But now it says it's no longer available - no picture.

But try item K76517 - the green leaf plates.  It does the same thing when I clicked on the 3rd picture in the lineup at below the main picture.  

I use the same DELL laptop I've used for 10 years or so.  I don't think it has anything to do with the device people use.

Honored Contributor

@KatieB 

K78561

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 6.36.28 PM.png

K76517

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 6.37.36 PM.png

Switch browsers to see if you experience the same issue.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I don't like the change either.  I have my computer zoomed out to 175% so I can read the words.  When I want to change colors for an item I can't see the color unless I scroll down then scroll back up for another color.  It's a good thing I don't buy much.

Respected Contributor

@KatieB, I'm not seeing any problems.

I will say, 10 years really is a long run when it comes to computers. One problem may be that your device and its' operating system are too old for current updates. 

Respected Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I will say, 10 years really is a long run when it comes to computers. One problem may be that your device and its' operating system are too old for current updates. 

@Etoile308   Don't think so.  My laptop is current as far as updates.  This did not just start - that's the reason that I think it's QVC's IT team and the way they programmed the application to display the pictures.  

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

no issues for me either @Etoile308 .

using a laptop with microsoft edge browser.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@KatieB - I'm not experiencing the picture viewing issue you're describing, but for whatever it's worth, those bowls have been in my wish list for a few weeks, and I did notice this morning that they had moved to a "sold out" status. I was bummed since I'd been hoping we'd get a free shipping event sometime this weekend so I could buy them.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KatieB , Your computer isn't to old, mine is only a couple of years old and I couldn't agree more with you. It has nothing to do with that.  Some genius in IT once again has made a mess of it. How anyone in IT could think that this was a better way to do this must not do any shopping on this site.  I mostly look at clothing and you have to keep scrolling up and down, up and down if you want to look at each color of an item, is a royal pain.You can inlarge the picture but if you do you can't see all of it, only the top half.  Also you can't see the back or side view of the item in the color you changed it to because that remains the same color that was on the screen before you changed it. It is a mess and very user unfriendly..  The scrolling up and down is driving me nuts, it's rediculous. I know their are some that never want to criticize but there are times when QVC should be criticized and this is one of them. It's VERY different than it was and as I said before it's NOT at all user friendly!  Thank you @KatieB for saying something about it.