Trusted Contributor

Re: IS THIS A RECORD ANYONE.....??????

I'm so mad I haven't received my philosophy summer grace yet. It's been 2 weeks. I used to receive my orders in 2 days. Then I happened upon this thread & saw the pigeon pic.🤣🤣🤣You're the best SPURT!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoX wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

What else can we blame on QVC????

Are you suggesting it's the OP's responsibility to follow up with the USPS to find her package ... or should it be the sender's, which charged the OP for timely shipping?   At most, the OP can try to track the package, but can't light a fire under the shipper ... 

Of course, it's QVC's responsibility to keep track ... that's what we're being charged for ... 

@SoX  @Equuleus 

Sox your right...QVC does the hiring of the carrier that's responsible for the delivery of their merchandise....and therefore, QVC is  responsible in overseeing the delivery operation and seeing that expectations are being fulfilled as far as a reasonable time of delivery....!!!!  Equuleus ----It certainly is NOT the customer's responsibility to track every single step of the delivery process and hurry the carrier along....I'm not required to do this by any other retailer, and shouldn't be required to do this with an ordered placed with QVC......THAT'S RIDICULOUS!!! My responsibility comes in ONLY if I don't get what I ordered---which ultimately points back to QVC!!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

Hey, @Nightowlz .  I don't order often enough to know is it's still available, but there used to be 3 shipping options, with increased delivery charges.

"You get what you pay for" made me think of that.

Yes - I just bought something, 3 options were given.  I don't know if this is the case for every item (and I prob wouldn't pay expedited for anything from here) but the option is there.

Capture.PNG

@Mj12 

Ok. Do they have that for everything you order?

I would like to know who is Express Delivery being delivered by & who is Premium Delivery delivered by. Does not say UPS? Makes me think Q pays someone to deliver these packages a little faster. For the price difference & only a few days delivery from the cheapest to the other 2 you might as well go the cheap route since not really getting it that much faster for the money IMO. LOL!!!

@Nightowlz USPS is still the one making the delivery.

I know I sound like a broken record: The VENDOR DECIDES THE SHIPPING METHOD. This is why you can have a $3000 piece of jewelry come via USPS and a kitchen doo-hicky that costs $2 arrive via UPS. The VENDOR tells QVC how to ship it.

I've been round and round with QVC about this. I've contacted a few vendors directly (because they offer their info with the item ordered) and complained about their choice of using USPS. It comes down to cost for the vendor and they want the cheapest shipping possible.

Also, USPS does not guarantee that  something will actually be there by the date stated EVEN WHEN YOU PAY FOR quicker shipping. I've been told this by the employees repeatedly: if you really want overnight or 2 day shipping, go with Fed Ex or UPS. 

Last, until it ships, you wait. So yes, it may get to your house in 2 days or 3 but it can PROCESS till the cows come home. Knowing this, that extra expense isn't worth it.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt 

That's awful!  We should revive the Pony Express.  Maybe put a GPS on the pony.  It could be a self-riding pony.  Just the QVC package, no jockey.  Then when he arrives at your house, you have to give him water and oats.  If the package came before 30 days, give him a sugar cube too.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@Spurt 

That's awful!  We should revive the Pony Express.  Maybe put a GPS on the pony.  It could be a self-riding pony.  Just the QVC package, no jockey.  Then when he arrives at your house, you have to give him water and oats.  If the package came before 30 days, give him a sugar cube too.

@maximillian 

😆😆😆

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Here's a KEY component that speaks volumes....it says QVC Management must know about delivery issues....

Back in the last quarter of 2018 QVC changed their accounting method on their financial reports:

From the LibertyInteractive 2018 4th Quarter and 2018 Year End Report (report posted in QTalk):

SC 606 relates to recognizing revenue at the time of shipment rather than delivery, which had an impact on reported revenue and adjusted OIBDA (Operating income before depreciation) in the fourth quarter and full year.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

Hey, @Nightowlz .  I don't order often enough to know is it's still available, but there used to be 3 shipping options, with increased delivery charges.

"You get what you pay for" made me think of that.

Yes - I just bought something, 3 options were given.  I don't know if this is the case for every item (and I prob wouldn't pay expedited for anything from here) but the option is there.

Capture.PNG

@Mj12 

Ok. Do they have that for everything you order?

I would like to know who is Express Delivery being delivered by & who is Premium Delivery delivered by. Does not say UPS? Makes me think Q pays someone to deliver these packages a little faster. For the price difference & only a few days delivery from the cheapest to the other 2 you might as well go the cheap route since not really getting it that much faster for the money IMO. LOL!!!

@Nightowlz USPS is still the one making the delivery.

I know I sound like a broken record: The VENDOR DECIDES THE SHIPPING METHOD. This is why you can have a $3000 piece of jewelry come via USPS and a kitchen doo-hicky that costs $2 arrive via UPS. The VENDOR tells QVC how to ship it.

I've been round and round with QVC about this. I've contacted a few vendors directly (because they offer their info with the item ordered) and complained about their choice of using USPS. It comes down to cost for the vendor and they want the cheapest shipping possible.

Also, USPS does not guarantee that  something will actually be there by the date stated EVEN WHEN YOU PAY FOR quicker shipping. I've been told this by the employees repeatedly: if you really want overnight or 2 day shipping, go with Fed Ex or UPS. 

Last, until it ships, you wait. So yes, it may get to your house in 2 days or 3 but it can PROCESS till the cows come home. Knowing this, that extra expense isn't worth it.

@SahmIam 

But who signs the contract with the vendor ---QVC, and look at whät QVC says regarding shipments....from QVC's website.....

"QVC takes responsibility......

https://vendorportal.qvc.com/documents/10184/0/Inbound+Supply+Chain+Overview/e4514925-2739-4b3a-bc36...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Spurt If I'm reading the powerpoint correctly, there are OPTIONS that vendors can choose regarding shipping. Once they've made their choice, then the breakdown of how it works for them and QVC is shown.

I know this has been asked and discussed before but I still don't know the true answer: how does QVC "purchase" products from a vendor? Is it an upfront purchase and then it sits in a warehouse? Does a vendor make a specific amount and hopes it all sells? Does QVC act as a middleman and your purchase triggers the shipment directly from the vendor? Etc.  I think it's ALL of the above and more. This would explain the multitude of shipping possibilities as well as issues.

Again, I've contacted vendors regarding their shipping choices. Each said the same thing: they choose the cheapest way.

There ya go.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

@Spurt If I'm reading the powerpoint correctly, there are OPTIONS that vendors can choose regarding shipping. Once they've made their choice, then the breakdown of how it works for them and QVC is shown.

I know this has been asked and discussed before but I still don't know the true answer: how does QVC "purchase" products from a vendor? Is it an upfront purchase and then it sits in a warehouse? Does a vendor make a specific amount and hopes it all sells? Does QVC act as a middleman and your purchase triggers the shipment directly from the vendor? Etc.  I think it's ALL of the above and more. This would explain the multitude of shipping possibilities as well as issues.

Again, I've contacted vendors regarding their shipping choices. Each said the same thing: they choose the cheapest way.

There ya go.

@SahmIam 

Yep, variety is their game, and your right from what I read and heard on air, some products come from Q's warehouses/distribution centers, while others ship from the vendor/manufacturer...but regardless under their contract QVC accepts the ultimate responsibility into seeing the product gets delivered.....

Now Im basing this on my own delivery experience--- and the fastest deliveries seems to be from manufacturers, I say this because for example, in the box, in addition to the QVC Invoice there is a manufacturer's invoice too ---like my Ryka's or Jim Shore items from Enesco..QVC's house brands seem to be the slowest, which I assume comes from QVC's own warehouses/distribution centers....

But the responsibilty is QVCs since only they can control the vendors

Honored Contributor

@Spurt I don't believe anyone can make the USPS do anything. Other than not use them....what could QVC do to fix the USPS shipping issues? If vendors won't go with UPS, I suppose QVC could pick up the tab but...hey we'd pay for that too. QVC has, in the past, sent out replacements/credited me asap for lost items. I presume they go after the USPS for those monies lost. 

Beyond that, I don't see that QVC can do anything about the USPS and their delivery problems (USPS).