Esteemed Contributor

Re: IS THIS A RECORD ANYONE.....??????

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

What else can we blame on QVC????

Are you suggesting it's the OP's responsibility to follow up with the USPS to find her package ... or should it be the sender's, which charged the OP for timely shipping?   At most, the OP can try to track the package, but can't light a fire under the shipper ... 

Of course, it's QVC's responsibility to keep track ... that's what we're being charged for ... 

@SoX.  If you really want a package and it's stuck in the USPS somewhere, possibly misdirected, there's a procedure for bringing it to the attention of the post office to "jump start" it's delivery.  I really don't see @Spurt  package being lost was the fault of QVC.  That is totally on the USPS.

@Kachina624 

I beg to differ with you ... this has happened to me on more than one occasion ... I contend it's not my responsibility to go running after a package that I paid to have delivered.   

When it didn't happen within a finite period of time, I called CS and asked that my account be credited.  There's a 21 day window (I believe) for the Q to follow up with USPS ... after that I'm entitled to my money back.   CS did indeed credit my account before that time and asked that when (or if) I received the package to notify them, or return it to them, which ever I decided to do.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@ocgal3 wrote:

first look at the tracking info if there is any.  QVC isn't responsible for the post office or UPS.  I've had a package hung up at the local post office location waiting for delivery for a week now. QVC mailed it on time--it's MY post office delivery system at fault.

@ocgal3 

No it's not the post office's fault. It's QVC's fault for using the cheapest delivery method available. I think the saying is You get what you pay for.

@Nightowlz.  If you were operating a for-profit business, what would you do?  Not only that, but most other businesses are using the same shipping arrangement.  Just today, I  got a big box from Corning Ware shipped by UPS and delivered by post office.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I love the photo of the pigeon with the map @Spurt 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Just noticed this at top of forum page -- not sure how long it's been there & if anyone else posted ...

so @Spurt  they're working on it🤔 yeah right!

I hardly order -- nothing I can't find for less "stress" and cost at B&M stores or other online sources🙂

2AE6C277-5DD6-4E73-953C-9B6FCF8F32FF.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

Ship through UPS door to door and problem solved.

Q used to and there were endless complaints about the cost of shipping so Q reduced the cost of shipping and there are now endless complaints that shipping and delivery takes too long because Q uses a cheaper method.

Costly and fast or cheap and slow?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SoX.  I guess it depends on how badly you want your merchandise.  Sure it's not our responsibility to track down packages but thats the postal system we have, so gotta lesrn to live with it.

I completed the USPS form for lost packages yesterday morning after mine was misdirected to Phoenix and sat there for 8 days.  It was delivered today.  Also the local postal supervisor sent me her phone # in case I needed to. Call her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SoX.  I guess it depends on how badly you want your merchandise.  Sure it's not our responsibility to track down packages but thats the postal system we have, so gotta lesrn to live with it.

I completed the USPS form for lost packages yesterday morning after mine was misdirected to Phoenix and sat there for 8 days.  It was delivered today.  Also the local postal supervisor sent me her phone # in case I needed to. Call her.

@Kachina624 

WOW!!!  You mean USPS actually answers the phone in Phoenix!!!!!.....They don't answer the phone at our branch office, and it's a waste of time to call the main number they refer you back to your branch office, so I had to correspond via email and someone called me back,and just told me to file a claim, and lo and behold the package showed up so no claim needed...but the delivery time is ridiculous....

But its funny I can order online from Dillards, Macys, JCP, Target, BBW, Bed, Bath, & Beyond and get SUPER FAST Delivery...The slow pokes are QVC or bookstores that use the cheaper and slower "book rate" (i dont do Amazon) 

What's funny about QVC is some orders are sent UPS...and others are sent via USPS...Now I DO get UPS orders quickly from QVC....My Homeworks and Plow & Hearth items arrived quickly......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

My last order took 16 days to get to me, in state.  Ten days in process, and 6 days to travel 419 miles, which should have been an overnight trip.  It's like my package had hitchhiked from SoCal to NoCal. 

Valued Contributor

Well....I ordered plants back in April and the edd was 5/13.  When that date passed I emailed cs and their reply was that shipping would be 5/30!  Somehow I doubt those plants will arrive at all.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

Hey, @Nightowlz .  I don't order often enough to know is it's still available, but there used to be 3 shipping options, with increased delivery charges.

"You get what you pay for" made me think of that.

Yes - I just bought something, 3 options were given.  I don't know if this is the case for every item (and I prob wouldn't pay expedited for anything from here) but the option is there.

Capture.PNG

The problem with the 'expedited' shipping methods is that it doesn't kick in until AFTER the order has actually been shipped.

Since the 'In Process' time has reached a ridiculous point, the 'expedited' shipping is a moot point and doesn't offer any guarantee that you'll get your order sooner.

Been there, done that.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.