Honored Contributor

This has to be the most awful innovation I have ever seen.  TERRIBLE.......  

On 9/6 I placed a number of orders because it was a D&C day.  I ordered the quilted vest.  Along with that I ordered several of their tops.  Also ordered 2 pairs of the TSV cord pants....navy and charcoal grey.  Have received everything except the vest.  

I am one that keeps track of where my orders are.  The vest was the first thing shipped out.  Followed where the vest was.....it sat in St. Louis for 3 days....and then all of the sudden it was out for departure to some place in NJ.  I was blown away when I saw that.  Here I was expecting it to be delivered and then see where it has left for parts unknown and don't know why...

Called Customer Care......she couldn't figure that one out either.  So, she said they would send me another one and I should have it by 9/18....tomorrow.  And she said I would not be billed for that one, but should return the first one when I receive it.  I agreed with her on that.  So, I once again started looking at shipping status.....it was there.  BUT...IT SHOWED IT WAS DELIVERED on 9/13.  NO WAY COULD THAT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE.....that order was placed on the 15th by Customer Care.  I immediately called Customer Care and told them what has happened.  AND THAT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED EITHER OF THE VESTS TO DATE.  Odd that they don't know where it is either.  But said it should be here on the 18th.  And that after I receive it should wait for the first one to get here to return it.  She told me that I was not billed for the 2nd vest.....but yet it shows the same info on the 2nd vest as the first and that I have been billed for that one too.  Customer Care said I have not been billed for the 2nd one......   

This whole thing has made me a non-believer in their INNOVATION way of shipping.  Am wondering if I will ever receive either of the vests.  

You can be sure that it will be some time before I place another order.  Have been purchasing from the Q since about 1995......and have spent a lot of money with them.  Previously have ordered many of my Christmas presents from them......but this year I won't be purchasing any Christmas presents from them because I don't trust this new way of shipping and may not get them in time.

Instead of having so many different channels now for the Q, they need to spend that money on finding a better method of shipping.

Honored Contributor

I asked my post office people who this new shipping stuff is from...they said it looks like (I think they said) UPS...I don't know.

I always return with the labels provided.  I used to get credit for returns within about 2 maybe  days....now it takes more than a week for them to even recognize that they've received them and then forever for me to get the money refunded!

It is unbelievable the difference.  Also every time I open the package of clothes the labels are all stuck to the inside of the package.  Today I had to rip out the label because it was stuck inside of the plastic envelope.

I order a lot of stuff and clothes, stupid amount.  But I go through stages when I return things too, if I don't like them.

The difference between when I even receive them is crazy...way, way too long....ugh!

Honored Contributor

Not sure I've had anything go through innovation shipping yet -  my last 2 orders were pretty much as usual for me --  5 days, and that's good because they were both from over the Labor Day weekend.

@Annabellethecat662 days for your returns is truly a wow!  I rarely, rarely return anything anymore, but when I did return, all I counted on was having my money before my credit card went to the next cycle.  That virtually always happened., but in more like 2 weeks, not 2 days!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops  It sounds like I'm exaggerating but if you knew me I have a 'thing' for not exaggerating and telling the truth...(I see it as a flaw) because it often sounds the total opposite.

Anyway, yes, it was very quickly.  I always have the post office scan in the package when I mail it off and withing a day or two I'd get an email notifying me it had been received.  It wouldn't be long I'd get a credit.

I don't use credit cards just debit cards.  I buy way too much stuff and often I even forget I've ordered them, especially now that it takes so long to receive them.

HSN has always taken longer but now it's way long.  According to the US post office friends UPS has some new thing and that's what messes up things.

I have no idea.  I know our mail guy we've had for many, many days is retiring...we live on one acre lots so he drives there.

It now takes  people to do what he did alone.  We always get each other's mail since this happened.  It's become a joke in the neighborhood...like...who's mail did you get today!

Honored Contributor

I have had three orders not even received lately  This has ben occuring when I specify my street address instead of my PO box like the system prompts me to do.  Someone (UPS or PO) is marking them undeliverable and returning them to QVC.  CS cannot straighten this out.  P.S.  Amazon seems to be able to live with these glitches, nothing cancelled and returned from them yet, although a couple items looked problematic for a few days.  So far its Amazon 3 QVC 0 since this shipping problem has started. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66My comment wasn't meant to be accusatory.  I was just amazed it could ever happen so fast.

I'm really working hard at ordering very carefully, but that has pretty much nothing to do with saving money or getting things late or anything else QVC could change. 

Unless someone suddenly swoops in and removes all my clothes and accessories and jewelry - I don't need or want much.

Honored Contributor

Whatever changes they made, QVC's shipping is certainly NOT as dependable as it used to be.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I asked my post office people who this new shipping stuff is from...they said it looks like (I think they said) UPS...I don't know.

I always return with the labels provided.  I used to get credit for returns within about 2 maybe  days....now it takes more than a week for them to even recognize that they've received them and then forever for me to get the money refunded!

It is unbelievable the difference.  Also every time I open the package of clothes the labels are all stuck to the inside of the package.  Today I had to rip out the label because it was stuck inside of the plastic envelope.

I order a lot of stuff and clothes, stupid amount.  But I go through stages when I return things too, if I don't like them.

The difference between when I even receive them is crazy...way, way too long....ugh!

@Annabellethecat66...Very rarely have I had to return an item, yet the last two blouses I received were damaged...yes, they had holes in them! I used the return label, but I swear returning something to QVC from Hawaii takes forever (3-4 weeks). I can only assume they go back via a ship. So...the wait begins...💤💤💤💤💤

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I think this is the new normal in shipping as everyone seems to be going to it.  I got packages from Amazon this past week that were shipped UPS Mail Innovations.  Being the optimists that they are, they guaranteed delivery by last Monday (Prime order).  One item, a 25lb bag of dog food, didn't arrive.  I called Amazon and they offered to ship a free bag to atone for their miscalculation.  So now I've got 50lbs of dog food, but the point is, my regular mail carrier delivered this stuff. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

The Washington Post's sunday business section ran an article about deals companies are making w/USPS.  No companies were named, but I presume they're all high volume customers.

Under the "Innovations" model, my packages now to to NJ, and then the post office in the county next door to me before they're transferred to my post office.

Under the "UPS by USPS" model, the package goes to the nearest UPS location (~10 miles away from my house, on the county line) and then the USPS.  I don't understand this, b/c it's not like the UPS doesn't come down my street every weekday afternoon.

Under the "FedEx SmartPost" model sends my packages to Morgantown WV.  I can't believe there isn't a location in MD that would be closer?

The bottom line is that packages are taking longer to arrive (except food items).  The Q should be charging shipping commensurate w/their costs, not creating a profit center.