Valued Contributor
Accepted Solution

IF the Q really cares about customers please don’t sell a TSV that is defective..QUALITY downhill

First there was the Patricia Nash bag with tassels that was touted as super buttery soft leather, even showing the hides in the background and host and vendors rubbing and bunching up the leather. Mine didn't look like that and more importantly, the tab that the tassels went through was sewn on BACKWARDS!!  How did Quality Control miss that when purchasing this big lot of bags

Next came the Bethlehem lights "flickering, weighted window candles." Did I miss the part of the many presentations that said that the whole candle WAS PLASTIC? And bad plastic at that. The bottom was weighted, but it was plastic. The candle was adjustable but it was horrible plastic and if you made the candle long, it was wobbly. And the bulb was plastic. The sensor didn't work properly and the the flicker was minute. 

No more TSV's for me. Yes, customer service is great when it comes to these issues, but this is why all the complaints and customers feel that the presentations are truthful. More loss of customers.

Respected Contributor

Re: IF the Q really cares about customers please don’t sell a TSV that is defective..QUALITY downhil

I had been looking at Patricia Nash handbags as long as she has been on TV shopping channels. I have loved her tooled leathe when presented.. I finally broke down and ordered two handbags from HSN.  I was so disappointed when I received them.  They look so much better on TV.  Leather quality as well as overall quality of construction were very disappointing.  Had to send boh handbags back for a refund.  I still watch her shows because the bags are so pretty but will not order again until I can see a noticeable improvement in quality.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

Re: IF the Q really cares about customers please don’t sell a TSV that is defective..QUALITY downhil

@Styleovertrend   I think often the TSVs are dumbed down products made cheaply so they can sell them for less than normal.  I find this especially true with shoes and boots but true for many other products.  I try to avoid the temptation to purchase TSVs.

In the case of your PN bag, there's no way QVC could inspect every single product but it should have been caught at the factory.  I hope you returned it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Overall, so many of the things I enjoyed with QVC shopping have changed, and not for the better.  Items are not consistantly good quality, and the staff who prepare the orders are not careful.  Lately, I have been receiving orders that have no invoice included.  The latest item I received as a start to my holiday shopping needs to be returned.  It's frustrating that there is again no invoice included.  I will need to print the invoice from qvc.com. SMH. 

Honored Contributor

In all my years of shopping at QVC--20+--I can only remember 1 TSV that I purchased, a Dennis Basso jacket which I should have sent back.  Now I wait for reviews.  The price difference typically is not that much and I tend to agree that TSVs are "cheapened" versions of products.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 According to reviews, many had that issue with the tassle tab sewn on backwards. i did return it! 

Contributor

Agree

Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone else had luck in contacting the manufacturer of the JumpSmart  jumpstarter / flashlight power bank  from a couple of yrs ago ? I gave one as a present ,however the person never told me that after charging it never worked , not even the flashlight .  She was embarrassed to tell me that I had given her a lame present . She gave it back to me and I have been looking as who makes this item. It looked like Limitless Innovations from the  and instruction book on QVC. I contacted the company via their email address and they sent me a message saying they don't  sell/make the item . So, now what. I did  not want to waste my time with QVC  since it was  past their guarantee. Anyone who had problems with thios device did they ever conatct a comapny that  would replace it with one that works ?

Esteemed Contributor

The  male Rep  for the  company ( not the QVC Host)  said they were actually Glass bulbs  and to be careful because they can break !

Esteemed Contributor

Phew, I found  a helpful  post  from the Limitless Innovations  vendor  which has settled my issue with a defective item that was  > than time frame QVC will accept  for the JumpSmart  car charger/flashlight . The Limitless Innovations  company will replace  the  defective  car charger that I gave a friend as a gift .  They are sending me a shipping label to return the defective one.