Respected Contributor

I would like a forum on QVC for people to share their arts and crafts photos.

Hi QVC,

I would like to have a QVC forum category for people to share their arts and crafts!  I'm an artist and I would like to see arts and crafts on here from forum members and share my work too. I think that it could open a nice dialogue for people to share creative ideas and artwork that they're proud of creating.  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Re: I would like a forum on QVC for people to share their arts and crafts photos.

[ Edited ]

@SportyShorty07   There have often been requests for new forums but there is a policy that no new ones will be added and none have been.

Sounds like you need to investigate Facebook or Pinterest which do have places where people post their work.

It would be okay for you to occasionally post pictures of your projects.  A steady diet of anything gets old fast.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: I would like a forum on QVC for people to share their arts and crafts photos.

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

Hi QVC,

I would like to have a QVC forum category for people to share their arts and crafts!  I'm an artist and I would like to see arts and crafts on here from forum members and share my work too. I think that it could open a nice dialogue for people to share creative ideas and artwork that they're proud of creating.  Smiley Happy 

@SportyShorty07 

There's no reason why you can't start a thread/threads in an ongoing forum topic doing what you suggest.  "Home", "Among Friends", for example.  

There are a number of long-running threads about certain topics within the various forums.

Esteemed Contributor

@SportyShorty07  I agree with @geezerette . Also, you could occasionally post pics of your creations on the Home forum as suggested by @Kachina624 . I love to see pics of things people have made, and I also love to see pics of gardens on the Garden forum and holiday decor on the Holiday forum.

Esteemed Contributor

Gets Old Fast......ain't that the truth!

Posting here --  occasionally -- -15  website pictures of outfits they'd love to wear.

(who cares?)

Respected Contributor

@fthunt  Are you talking about the person who posts every week what she wore or is going to wear?

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

Hi QVC,

@SportyShorty07 Many years ago (around 2008-2010) the Q had a craft forum.  There were several of us who would post photos as well as doing a card exchange (scrapbooking was big then).  Well someone started a new board which was off of the Q board, then people went over to FB and the Q boards changed.

I was very much into scrapbooking & card making.  It turned into an Etsy business painting signs.  At the beginning of the pandemic there were a lot of problems with USPS and people getting their orders in a timely fashion. 

After 13 years I stopped my Etsy business and now I'm into handmade wet felting.  I took a class at a local art center and I love it!  My project this summer is to change over my sign painting studio over to wet felting supplies and work area.

What do you make?

Esteemed Contributor

@SportyShorty07 I would love to see your arts and crafts, and @geezerette had some good suggestions.  My two caveats are to make sure your posts don't look like you are trying to sell something, and be prepared for people to write anything.

I just read some unbelievably rude posts on another thread, and one never know how posters will react.  Some of the posts here can be awful.  Of course, most are OK, IMO.

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for your kind and helpful responses, everyone Smiley HappyHeart@Kachina624  I'll definitely look into Facebook or Pinterest and if I were to post my artwork, I definitely would do so sparingly Smiley Happy@geezerette and @PA Mom-mom  I didn't know about the "home" or "among friends" forum- thank you for pointing me to those- I will give those a gander!    @fthunt  I'll post sparingly of artwork and only if it pertains to a forum- I wouldn't want to post too many watercolor paintings.  @haddon9  Way to go for having a successful Etsy business for 13 years- you should enter your artwork into local art contests and art events- I'm entering a watercolor painting of mine into the De Young Museum art contest.  I like to do watercolor paintings and acrylic paintings of still lives, animals and people.  @NYCLatinaMe i'll definitely post my art sometime soon and when I do I will tag your profile name Smiley Happy. Forums can be very opinionated based on other websites I've been on, but so far I'm really enjoying QVC.  Have you heard of the forum called Primetimer? Its a lot of fun- people talk and gossip about their favorite TV shows.  

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

Hi QVC,

@SportyShorty07 

There's no reason why you can't start a thread/threads in an ongoing forum topic doing what you suggest.  "Home", "Among Friends", for example.  

There are a number of long-running threads about certain topics within the various forums.

@geezerette 

@SportyShorty07 

I would love to see a thread started for photos of hand crafted items.  People on here are so creative and it would be great to have them in one place.  Speaking for myself I would look at it everyday.