Frequent Contributor

I think I already know the answer to this price discrepancy..

[ Edited ]

So I recently bought 5 of the same style LOGO tanks, for about $40 each (Yup, finally got some of the plain solid ones I like back). Then I am watching the show from a couple of days ago and these same tanks are on "clearance" for $20.  But when I go to buy one at this price, it is back to $40.  I guess they're not kidding when they say the price goes away at the end of the show.  But really, if they're on clearance, are they now OFF clearance?

Honored Contributor

Re: I think I already know the answer to this price discrepancy..

@janesilver - What's the item number of LOGO tank?  I had something like this happen quite a while ago on an item I wanted to buy.  So I grabbed a screen print of it showing the lower price.

Then I sent an email to the Social Team (the mods) and asked them, if they could check it out for me.  The mod who responded adjusted the price for me.

If you've bought the items within the past 30 days, you should get the difference in price as a refund.  Worth asking them (no spaces between the name).

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Frequent Contributor

Model # is A458197.  I definitely bought 1, maybe 2, in the past 30 days.  I was just about to buy another until I saw the "clearance" isn't on anymore, even though clearly things aren't cleared out yet.

Honored Contributor

@janesilver - Yes, I can see that it's now priced at $38.76.  Still would be worth writing to the moderators to see if they can check the price history.  Nothing to lose and they might be able to help you.

There have been many discussions on these boards about the crazy pricing games that QVC plays.  No other retailer I know (online or B&M) puts something on clearance and then raises the price again.

I always watch the things I've bought for 30 days after and, if I see the price drop, I immediately email the Social Team for a refund of the difference.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@janesilver - Yes, I can see that it's now priced at $38.76.  Still would be worth writing to the moderators to see if they can check the price history.  Nothing to lose and they might be able to help you.

There have been many discussions on these boards about the crazy pricing games that QVC plays.  No other retailer I know (online or B&M) puts something on clearance and then raises the price again.

I always watch the things I've bought for 30 days after and, if I see the price drop, I immediately email the Social Team for a refund of the difference.

Oh my gosh, @Venezia 

That is exactly what Amazon does!  I have things in my list that I watch the prices go up and down every single day!! 

I can't tell you how many times I ordered something on Amz only to have the price reduced the next day!  NO price adj for you!   LOL

I hate Amz and only go there now as a last resort.

At least QVC gives you a price adjustment for 30 Days!  that is a VERY customer friendly policy to have.

Amazon won't give you a price adjustment if the item goes down 5 mins later!

I keep everything I order also in my WL here so I can easily see if there has been a price reduction.  The mods have always honored that policy.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife - I know that many have complained about Amazon's pricing changing dynamically, it seems.

But I'm talking specifically about something that has gone on clearance.  I think most of us can agree that, when an item is put on clearance, it means it's being cleared out - gotten rid of - sold off.

QVC seems to be the only retailer I know that says something is on clearance and then raises the price (instead of lowering it further).  At least that's been my experience.