Respected Contributor

Re: I should be a Trusted Contributor

I find these categories so funny. Why they are needed is beyond me. But if I ever reach some “exalted” level I’m going to put that on my resume for sure.

Honored Contributor

Yes, the rating system does seem silly and "exalted contributor" is just hilarious. I can see though where some posters take the forums and what is discussed so seriously they would care about a rating.

Honored Contributor

I trust you😍

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @dooBdoo . I see what you did there. (message 67)

Esteemed Contributor

I've read through at least a dozen past threads questioning rank, titles, post count, and contributor levels since @stellabystarlight started this thread.

Taken as a group, they rehash the same lists, guesses, observations, corrections, and complaints without the next thread on the subject moving forward from the last.

Since we can surely count on seeing future threads questioning a poster's designated 'rank' as it relates to post count, what have we established in this one?

These seem to be the most common issues:

We know this system is plagued by glitches, and an anticipated change in rank can be stalled.

And our trusted tech savvy @dooBdoo  concludes there is more factoring in to the rank designation than just total post count.

So we know, even in the absence of glitches, if we attach a post number to a rank change, it's an approximation but not a number we can count on.

But how many possible ranks are there in the QVC system? Are there the 22 tiers seen on that longer list?  Or the 11 or 12 on the shorter lists?

From dooBdoo's search it looks like neither is accurate.

If you persevere through the visitor and member designations, you're considered a "Contributor" of sorts. Looks like "Honored" is 10th, and last contributor level.

If you delete your own post your post count goes down. But if the mods delete it your post count doesn't drop.

There are posters who show a post count, but have zero posts on their profile page.

Bottom line, there are no advantages or disadvantages to any of the ranks. Most people ignore them unless they're poking fun at the idea of having an

Augustly Eminent Exalted Grand Poobah Supreme among us.

Oh wait...wasn't she 'banned' last year?

Honored Contributor

I frankly don't care what I am.  I rarely notice.

Respected Contributor

I don't believe most of us really care about the ranking, it's simply being curious about a ranking system applied to us in the forums. When the system has no definitive explanation, our good tech detectives find all kinds of puzzle pieces. Figuring out the puzzle is kind of fun.

I pay no attention to post count or ranking unless a poster has a question or if a newbie gets scolded so it's drawn to my attention. I imagine I'm not alone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To follow up on @SunValley's post, I think it's merely an inconsequential puzzle, a curiosity for those who notice the notations.😊    

Great summary, @x Hedge!thumbs up gif

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Yay, I just became "Super" today! If you know me, which you probably don't because I'm relatively new, you'd know I'm just joking around. I mean, I did get changed to super, but it doesn't mean anything to me. I just thought I'd post it because I remember seeing this thread. The important thing is, I enjoy these forums. There are many sweet people here. 😊
Honored Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
Yay, I just became "Super" today! If you know me, which you probably don't because I'm relatively new, you'd know I'm just joking around. I mean, I did get changed to super, but it doesn't mean anything to me. I just thought I'd post it because I remember seeing this thread. The important thing is, I enjoy these forums. There are many sweet people here. 😊

Great to have you here, @bobby5!😊   I agree, "the important thing is, I enjoy these forums.   There are many sweet people here."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova