Esteemed Contributor

Re: I should be a Trusted Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

I only noticed it because another chatter posted last week that they hit 1000 posts and was upgraded to trusted.  No big deal!

hey @stellabystarlight ☺

Aw heck, there will always be 'glitch' threads. Here's one from last year:

QVC Customer Care
Alice-QVC

Re: My post count doesn't change 

Hi Everyone, I am so sorry the post counts are not accurate. I have issued a request to check the post counts.

For newer posters:

There have been other posts questioning or noting foulups in the rank changes.

We've had glitches that force users to sign in under a new name and lose their previous post counts.

And in 2015, when lots of posters were reassigned the new registration date of 2010, some wrote of losing thousands in their post count from that.

I figure as long as we can sign in and read &write, it's all good.

Esteemed Contributor

hi @dooBdoo 

I don't understand your message 53 up thread. I'm sure I'm not reading it right, because what I get out of it is a new poster with 7 posts falls under 11 different rank designations (huh??).

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

It's not like there are perks for advancing the number of posts!  What does it really matter?  I never paid attention to mine until today.

I have no idea what I am.  Now I'm afraid to look?  What if it says "Idiot" or "PITA"?????  Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Pook wrote:

It's not like there are perks for advancing the number of posts!  What does it really matter?  I never paid attention to mine until today.

I have no idea what I am.  Now I'm afraid to look?  What if it says "Idiot" or "PITA"?????  Woman Surprised

😅 still laughing!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, is this something some people really look at? You need to find something else to do or maybe post more and more to advance up the ladder.

Valued Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@persiflage  There's a secret decoder manual? Who has access to that gem?

I can't divulge that information @BirkiLady but will tell you that the top level is "Grand Poobah".  Keep posting.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

hi @dooBdoo 

I don't understand your message 53 up thread. I'm sure I'm not reading it right, because what I get out of it is a new poster with 7 posts falls under 11 different rank designations (huh??).

Hi, @x Hedge!😊  I'm sorry I didn't explain it well (clear as mud, right?).   

The search first looks for the group of all posters with a certain title.   Then, when I see that list, I sort it by post number.   

Each group is a separate group of poster names -- no one falls into more than one category (ranking title).

So, for example, if I find the list of all posters designated as "Occasional Visitor" I see that at this moment they have anywhere from zero posts up to 8 posts.   Looking at all the posters designated as "Senior Member", those individuals have anywhere from zero up to 194 posts so far.   

The "Senior Members" are completely different people, not the same ones in the "Occasional Visitor" search results.

That illustrates the fact that the specific number of posts, alone, isn't what's deciding the ranking title.    Something else is factoring into the software.

I hope that helps?   I can see why it looks odd.   Maybe someone else can explain better than I.   Sometimes I look back at my various posts and I find that I can't even follow what my meaning was supposed to be!😛🙃

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@stellabystarlight wrote:

I only noticed it because another chatter posted last week that they hit 1000 posts and was upgraded to trusted.  No big deal!

@stellabystarlight. I just noticed that your post count does not change. It stays at 1022 even when you keep on posting. It should change with each post. There is something wrong. 

@proudlyfromNJ,  Her post count is increasing -- so far, at least...  at the moment it's up to 1,025:

Valued Contributor
Stellabystarlight

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

i do believe if a thread gets deleted you will lose your posts from that thread on your post count.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

i do believe if a thread gets deleted you will lose your posts from that thread on your post count.

@sunshine45,  This is what we used to think (and maybe it was true at one time -- who knows, so much changes here😉).   In fact, it appears that the post count isn't affected by removed posts/threads.    As examples, we can look up users who have post counts but no actual posts listed, or those with post counts higher than the list of existing posts.