Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: I should be a Trusted Contributor

@x Hedge 

those numbers dont match up then when you look at the OP and how many posts she has with her ranking.

@stellabystarlight  has 1014 posts and she is still labeled "VALUED."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Thank you, Sunshine.  Something is wrong with their algorithm I think!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okey dokey...  curiosity got the best of me, so I used @sunshine45's and @x Hedge's lists, and used advance search for each specific ranking title.

Within each rank I then sorted by post counts.   That way we could see that the people with that specific title have a range of current number of posts.   Since the search engine is wonky, these won't be exact but they're close.   (I'm the one with too much time on my hands!😜😁)   

Done quickly, but it’s fairly accurate and I thought it was interesting to see that the algorithm isn't transparent and looks like some odd glitches in the process, too.   

I don't see anything that clearly tells us when a change takes place for any of us.   For example, people designated as Occasional Visitor have anywhere from zero to 8 posts right now...  yet the group of posters titled Frequent Visitor do, too.   So, there’s obviously something other than number of posts deciding the designation.

This list displays the ranking title and then the range of post counts (at the time of my searches) by our current users who have that ranking.

Occasional Visitor
0 - 8 posts

Frequent Visitor
0 - 8 posts

Visitor
0 - 11 posts

Regular Visitor
0 - 13 posts

0 - 14 posts

Established Member
0 - 19 posts

0 - 89 posts

0 - 194 posts

Not applicable
1 - 162 posts

New Contributor
2 - 51 posts

Occasional Contributor
5 - 51 posts

Contributor
20 - 85 posts

Frequent contributor
75 - 157 posts

Regular Contributor
150 - 254 posts

Super Contributor
250 - 5,937

Valued Contributor
501 - 17,411 posts 
(list essentially is 501 - 3,861 then jumps to one person at the top having 17,411)

Trusted Contributor
1,001 - 4580 posts

Respected Contributor
2,004 - 11,367 
(list essentially is 2,004 - 5,017 then jumps to one person at the top having 11,367)

Esteemed Contributor
5,009 - 7,881

Honored Contributor 
8,130 - 92,101 posts

​These appear to be used on other forums but not here at the moment based on my searches:
New Visitor
   no results
Outstanding Contributor
   no results
Acclaimed Contributor
   no results
Exalted Contributor
   no results
Advisor
  no results

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@dooBdoo 

My algorithm assessment tool just launched you to Exhalted status, too.   Your post explained a lot that I hadn't realized.  Kudos ...

Thanks, @SoX!   You're Exalted in my opinion!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

really?  Is that all you have to be concerned about?

Honored Contributor

LOL @dooBdoo 

now i know my target number.....92101!!!!

i have lots of work to do. Smiley WinkWoman LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I think their whole Forum & other systems are messed up.  I cannot remove items from my "Wish List."

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@x Hedge 

those numbers dont match up then when you look at the OP and how many posts she has with her ranking.

@stellabystarlight  has 1014 posts and she is still labeled "VALUED."

Well Lol!

Full circle, that's why she started this thread. 

This glitchy website is not functioning right, as per usual, and it should've changed her rank 14 posts ago.

@dooBdoo 

The first short list I posted is from someone who either kept her notifications (or her own notes) re: rank changes. 

Respected Contributor

I only noticed it because another chatter posted last week that they hit 1000 posts and was upgraded to trusted.  No big deal!

Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

I only noticed it because another chatter posted last week that they hit 1000 posts and was upgraded to trusted.  No big deal!

@stellabystarlight. I just noticed that your post count does not change. It stays at 1022 even when you keep on posting. It should change with each post. There is something wrong.