Respected Contributor

Re: I should be a Trusted Contributor

Thank you, dooBdoo!  I really want to forget about this now!  It is not important in the scheme of things!  And yes, I do have a life!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Thank you, dooBdoo!  I really want to forget about this now!  It is not important in the scheme of things!  And yes, I do have a life!

You're welcome, @stellabystarlight!    In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with your question, not at all.😊    It's been asked in the past, and as long as the notation remains there under our nickname I'm sure it will continue to pique curiousity and be asked in the future.   Have a lovely afternoon/evening!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

@stellabystarlight- You asked a perfectly reasonable question with your original post.  I, for one, didn't think you implied that you were losing sleep over it.

But you see how these threads take on a life of their own.  And look - now you have more than a thousand posts!  You'll be up there to Exalted in no time.  Woman Wink

Have a good evening!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo 

My algorithm assessment tool just launched you to Exhalted status, too.   Your post explained a lot that I hadn't realized.  Kudos ...

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo  Interesting information. Had no idea so much entered into our chatter. Wonder how my "mindless" chatter is read by a computer program when sometimes others don't realize I'm kidding? It is difficult to read humor, sarcasm and other feelings on the screen (even though I did type LOL and tried to appear humorous). 

Wonder if this program give "demerits" for naughty comments? Or when posters comments are deleted? Or when they complain about QVC, but the comment remains for everyone to read? The potential of this program fascinates me. I also find at frightening if I were to think about it seriously, so I choose not to do so!

Ignorance is bliss. Placing my head in the sand! Woman Very Happy 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

what is most interesting are the alternate names in the secret decoder manual

libby's folly
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 

Is that the corrected list now, or the old wrong one that keeps popping up?

The wrong one has too many designations. (I think it was an original or very early model.)

The right one has fewer tiers, with several fast changes at first, then slows to thousands of posts between changes.

I have to laugh at people who are determined to "climb the ranks", putting up excessive meaningless posts just to inflate that number as fast as possible.

I recall one in particular. Believe she thought the higher post count would lend credibility, give her posts 'the voice of authority'.

What a goofball!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

@sunshine45 

Is that the corrected list now, or the old wrong one that keeps popping up?

The wrong one has too many designations. (I think it was an original or very early model.)

The right one has fewer tiers, with several fast changes at first, then slows to thousands of posts between changes.

I have to laugh at people who are determined to "climb the ranks", putting up excessive meaningless posts just to inflate that number as fast as possible.

I recall one in particular. Believe she thought the higher post count would lend credibility, give her posts 'the voice of authority'.

What a goofball!

@x Hedge 

as i said, this is from probably 4+ years ago  after i did some "investigating." it came from an HP computer forum. if there is a newer one with fewer tiers i have not seen it nor have i seen anyone post it. i have never seen anyone confirm that the number of posts is the sole reason for moving up the ladder.

if you have a newer version, please post it so we can see the differences.

if what @dooBdoo is true, i am now depressed that i wont be moving any higher than HONORED. Smiley WinkHeart

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@persiflage  There's a secret decoder manual? Who has access to that gem?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was ages ago that i saw them both, @sunshine45 . You guessed it. In a thread just like this.

But I remember checking the "rank" on longtimers like yourself, Moonchilde, Katchina., then checking those with fewer posts. Drawing a line thru each designation when I found one.

I could only find posters with the designations on the short list. (about half the length of the list you posted.)

No "Advisor", no "Exalted Contributor", etc.

If someone had a designation other than the11listed below please chime in. I think I have seen 'visitor', but don't know how long ago.

Occasional Contributor
Contributor - under 100
Frequent contributor

Regular Contributor - under 200

Super Contributor - under 400

Valued Contributor - 500 posts

Trusted Contributor - 1,000 posts

Respected Contributor - 2,000 posts

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor 

Now here's another 'short list' from 2017, not quite accurate, but close, also it's short:

Occasional Contributor - under 100 posts
Frequent contributor 100 posts
Super Contributor - 200 posts
Valued Contributor - 500 posts
Trusted Contributor - 1,000 posts
Respected Contributor - 2,000 posts
Esteemed Contributor 5000 posts
Honored Contributor  10,000 posts
Outstanding Contributor 20,000 posts
Acclaimed Contributor  unknown posts

edit-i think Esteemed is at 5000 and Honored now kicks in at around 8000 posts, but I'm checking that.

Yes, I've found posts verifying Honored is 8000.

I see dooBdoo usually ends up posting essentially the same info every time that longer, inaccurate ranking list is reposted.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Interesting-information-about-rankings/td-p/3830278

Honored Contributor
Moonchilde

Re: Contributors Rankings 

In current reality, Honored is it. It doesn't change, at least between 10,000 and 19,999. There are some posters between 17,000 and the 18,000s, but I'm not aware if anyone's reached 20,000. I'd say if 20,000 (vs 10,000, the last change) doesn't roll over to Outstanding, then Honored is all there is.