Honored Contributor

Re: I should be a Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Where do you find your status? I don't have a clue.

@BirkiLady  Underneath your name.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Where do you find your status? I don't have a clue.

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at Wed, Aug 7, 2019-2.31.01 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac @proudlyfromNJ   It should have been "Pragmatic Contributor". Not sure my comments have been respected by many on these forums! Thanks the info. LOL

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Frequent Contributor

Why do you even care?  It's not high school.  It won't make you more popular.  Just enjoy your purchases.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry you feel that way, @BirkiLady . For what it's worth, I haven't seen anything in your comments that should be disrespected. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Foolywooly11  Sorry you didn't realize I was joking. It was a sarcastic comment! I was having fun! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

Oh, okay, gullible me!!!:Lol

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

Is this question for real?

====

Yes @vsm  being exalted matters to people😇

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Once you reach "Exalted Contributor" status, the rest of us must......

giphy.gif

OldfashionedWaryBantamrooster-max-1mb.gif

All I can think of with Exalted Contributor is Grand Poobah!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

​           

​               ​Here's some random info and opinion, not necessarily "news you can use."😜🙃    Khoros (the recently-merged Lithium Technologies and Spredfast) provides and manages the QVC Community software and many other forums.      Their website has discussions about occasional changes to the algorithms that determine contributor rankings, or ​the ​ranking ladder as its sometimes called.  

​               ​Overall, it appears they've had an algorithm that considers activity (number of posts, types of posts, how many new threads started, etc.), number of kudos/hearts received and given, how many "tags" were added and used (we did have a tagging feature but now we do not), length of membership, ​how many answers were marked "best answer," ​that sort of thing.     On some of their forums, it even gets more complicated...  hearts given by posters with "higher" level ranks are actually given more weight than hearts from posters with so-called "lower" ranks.    I can see how all this might make sense for the business-related employee forums and for the gaming forums Khoros manages, but not here (in my opinion).    I think it's just confusing and pointless.

​               ​QVC seems to have opted for a very limited version of the "canned" software, we don't have full access to some features, and as we all know the software is continually "updated" and has countless glitches.    Also, as others said, the post count isn't accurate for those who have been here for years before the switch to this new platform.

​               ​Even though at times it appeared that the software was changing the label for everyone specifically and solely based upon post count (and I think, at times, it was), advanced searches in the user file show that's not always the case.   As an example, you'll see some user names with no posting history, post count zero, yet they don't all have the same contributor ranking.

​               ​I believe "Honored Contributor" is the highest on the list used here...   even those with post counts approaching 100,000 ​and lots of associated hearts ​are still at the "Honored" level, so it appears that's where it stops.

​               ​I think all these things, and probably more, add up to the bottom line:   the formula determining ranking titles on the QVC Community version has changed from time to time and it's meaningless.   If it were up to me I'd suppress the titles.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova