Respected Contributor
Accepted Solution

I should be a Trusted Contributor

I have over 1000 posts and I wasn't upgraded from Valued to Trusted.  Will you change that for me!

Honored Contributor

Re: I should be a Trusted Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

I have over 1000 posts and I wasn't upgraded from Valued to Trusted.  Will you change that for me!

An interesting and thought provoking point, @stellabystarlight .

Many of us lost “credit” for hundreds and hundreds of posts several years ago, when the boards were temporarily closed, then restored.

At or around that time, I was to have received a more “exalted” title, and “lost” it. There were also many things both very sad and very happy occupying my life and my time, and I didn’t feel terribly impacted upon one way or another, by what QVC was designating as my status on the chat board.

Can’t recall ever being “upgraded”, or for that matter “downgraded”, but I do remember that from then until now, life moved on, birds kept singing, and the roses bloomed every spring when it got warm enough.

Honored Contributor

It's not like there are perks for advancing the number of posts!  What does it really matter?  I never paid attention to mine until today.

Honored Contributor

I'm one who is not the least interested in these "categories".  I don't even know what category I fall into currently.  Never bother to look.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if they even change these anymore. It seems it used to change more often but I haven't seen mine change for over a year.

I think the designations are kind of insulting. Feels like kindergarten where who gets the most stars.

I don't think of these status things as always complimentary or something we should aspire to.

It could show how many picrures someone posts or how many games they play, etc etc.

I think I can tell more about posters by their posts, then I ever would by their QVC "status."

I wish they would do away with them completely.

And as someone said, many posts were done away with from years of posting, so the count is not really accurate for many.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I've never understood this silly game - still don't.  When I leave this message square - will have to look to see what I am. 

Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight

From what others have said, your title status is an algorithm that takes into account number of posts, number of hearts, and the timeline during which you've been posting.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think it has anything to do with hearts or status, just the number of posts, and QVC made up some titles to apply to those numbers.

I think it is just unnecessary and should be done away with.

There does not seem to be any valuable point to it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight 

i had posted this over four years ago, but it does not say how many posts you need to have to move up to the next level. i think that most everyone here finds these rankings unimportant so nothing really to worry about.

i had found these rankings on an HP forum months ago and had posted them here. it seems to be what qvc has applied in the new forums. i THINK this is the full list of forum rankings for posters on the qvc forums.

Ranks are used to indicate the number, quality, and impact of your posts. As you spend more time in the community participating, your ranking level will progress. The Community has a distinct set of ranking ladders which match your natural behavioral tendencies to either collect, contribute, or advise within the threads. 

You will begin as a “New Member”, and depending on how often you visit and what you contribute, will move through the following rankings.

Occasional Visitor

Visitor

Frequent Visitor

Regular Visitor

Established Member

Through your contributions to the community, you will move on to one of the following ladders:

Occasional Contributor

Contributor

Advisor

Frequent Contributor

Regular Contributor

Super Contributor

After navigating these steps, you will progress to the “Super User” ladder:

Valued Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

Outstanding Contributor

Acclaimed Contributor

Exalted Contributor

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow. It is hard to believe QVC spent all this time working out something that is ridiculous.