Frequent Contributor

Re: I'm very upset with Shawn Kilinger

Shawn2.jpg

Respected Contributor

it's a color name

the hosts do not choose the color names

they are all clearly plastic.  

it is crystal clear to me that this is yet another attempt to bash this host. 

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

it's a color name

the hosts do not choose the color names

they are all clearly plastic.  

it is crystal clear to me that this is yet another attempt to bash this host. 

EXACTLY !!

And as others pointed out,  it was listed on the description card with that name.

Crystal can be used as a color name besides a material.

Totally overboard to blame the host and throw accusations of lying.

SMH

OP   Just return the stupid thing, ask for a full refund as YOU did not understand what you were purchasing and get on with life. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@femmebot wrote:

Are they no longer taking returns?

@femmebot 

Yes, your right QVC is accepting returns but it costs $11 to return ($6.95 for use of the return label, plus loss of the original shipping, and then there's the customer's time and hassle. And if she wants she can hassle more and talk to Q's CS to see if they agree to refund return fee and return oiginal shipping...... But the host should provide ACCURATE information, even if the card is wrong, Ive heard the GOOD hosts many a time will catch stuff like this and say, "they are calling this such and such, but its really more this...." that way the customer is alerted!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

I hate, hate, hate when posters say if that´s all you have to fuss about, if that´s all you have to ---------- about.

Now I feel better. Yes!!!

@Sage04 

ITA, .LOL..Here's an idea for those bothered by certain posts-💡-- SKIP THE THREAD!!!..💡.SMH!!! 🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@lisco  Prior to purchase, read the product description on its website prior to purchasing.

Shawn did her job.  She sold you a product.  It was up to you to do due diligence.

@Mz iMac , sorry but I disagree with this.  I have no idea what item the OP is talking about so Shawn may or may not have misrepresented it.  I don't know.

However, one of the jobs of a host is to give all the pertinent information that a consumer needs to make an informed purchase decision.  If a host isn't doing that, they aren't doing the job they were hired to do and there is no reason for them to be there.  If someone sits and watches QVC for product presentations and demonstrations, it is ridiculous to think they also need to look up information on their computer because the host may be lying or misrepresenting an item.

That is like someone going to an attorney to have their Will done and it's incorrect and the person is told well, the attorney did what you wanted and prepared your Will.  It was up to you to know whether he did it correctly or not.      

Honored Contributor

@ProudMa wrote:

you may have a valid point...but please consider...

If this is the worst problem of your day/week/month...congratulations!!

many wish they had only this to fret over.....instead of cancer, job loss, debt, children struggling, tornados, floods, hurricains....

hope you get it now...and have a good day...

This response is nonsensical.  The OP is on a shopping channel board complaining about a product she purchased from that shopping channel.

If you want to allow yourself to continually be taken advantage of in one way or another, so be it.  But people are allowed to complain about shoddy merchandise, poor CS, etc.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@ProudMa wrote:

you may have a valid point...but please consider...

If this is the worst problem of your day/week/month...congratulations!!

many wish they had only this to fret over.....instead of cancer, job loss, debt, children struggling, tornados, floods, hurricains....

hope you get it now...and have a good day...

This response is nonsensical.  The OP is on a shopping channel board complaining about a product she purchased from that shopping channel.

If you want to allow yourself to continually be taken advantage of in one way or another, so be it.  But people are allowed to complain about shoddy merchandise, poor CS, etc.   

@Lipstickdiva  I agree. That's what these boards are for.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

FYI.......awful. Ashamed of herself?  She probably didn't know any better, i.e.,training, and you don't know any better by not being able to spell. Should we be "ashamed"? 

Wow.   Yes you should be ashamed for being so rude. 

Respected Contributor

I just watched the presentation. "Crystal" was a color name, what the clear chain was called. If you look at the chain, you can tell that it's highly unlikely that such a thing would be made, at that price, in actual crystal. It would be heavy and impractical.

I think this thing has the lowest ratings I've ever seen of a QVC product. I don't understand why people buy off TV without checking online first to see what people who bought the product experienced. That's saved me from many unwise purchases. If you can post here, you can look at the ratings. It's worth the extra effort.