Respected Contributor

Re: I'm very upset with Shawn Kilinger

@lisco: Just an FYI, I just watched the video presentation, hosted by Amy. She mentioned all of the colors offered, the color name for the clear chain is: Crystal, not  the item itself. I didn't see the program you watched, but perhaps you misunderstood Shawn. Sorry you didn't get what you wanted.

Super Contributor

I am thinking the $12.95 price tag didn't give you a clue that this would not be real crystal instead of a crystal color?   Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

FYI.......awful. Ashamed of herself?  She probably didn't know any better, i.e.,training, and you don't know any better by not being able to spell. Should we be "ashamed"? 

Really @ahoymate how does your response add to this post? Correcting someones spelling! When you become perfect then you can police the boards. Somehow I don't think that's the case, so you are just like the rest of us human, and apt to make mistakes. 

No one is saying I'm "perfect" because I correct someone's spelling. Your attitude seems to condone this kind of behavior. My standards are higher. 

BTW: I make spelling errors often & try to catch them. I find it impolite to the reader.

@manny2  And I find @ahoymate you correcting another adults spelling on a public forum rude and beyond impolite to the poster. 

Respected Contributor

****** 4 tat mspat!

Honored Contributor

Some hosts are better prepared than others. Maybe she was reading off the index card that lists the product information. I think your anger is somewhat misplaced.

Trusted Contributor

pr chain.PNG

Trusted Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

FYI.......awful. Ashamed of herself?  She probably didn't know any better, i.e.,training, and you don't know any better by not being able to spell. Should we be "ashamed"? 

Really @ahoymate how does your response add to this post? Correcting someones spelling! When you become perfect then you can police the boards. Somehow I don't think that's the case, so you are just like the rest of us human, and apt to make mistakes. 

@manny2 

I couldn't agree with you more.  Did @ahoymate not consider that maybe English isn't the OP's first language?  Regardless though, very rude.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm guessing that the o/p never heard of the phrase "crystal clear".

Colors get interesting names all the time.

Rose red doesn't mean that it's made of roses, but I guess that for some people, they would think that it was, and then get their nose bent out of joint that it wasn't.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I dont blame the OP for being upset....and QVC has been sued over misrepresentation several times....(diet food, royal jelly, vitamins etc).....There is sales "puffery" that's allowed but there's also misrepresentation which isn't!  The said host is one that doesnt do her homework on the products she is more involved in constructing "fantasy stories" to go along with clothing items, and asking silly questions to the vendors....and many times on products she merely "wings it!"..... The OP should definitely write a letter to QVC or use the feedback form on the website at the left hand corner of the page...under CONNECT WITH US..........

@Spurt 

I hate the stories, and she is the worst when presenting with IM. I actually do not even watch those presentations anymore for that reason. 

Honored Contributor

Hosts should give accurate information.  It is not up to us to verify info on website.  I've explained several times my computer is not near TV, and I shouldn't have to leave my comfy seat in my recliner to get up and turn on the computer.  I'd send the item back and request a refund on the postage, just like one would with a defective item.