Super Contributor

Re: I'm very upset with Shawn Kilinger

you may have a valid point...but please consider...

If this is the worst problem of your day/week/month...congratulations!!

many wish they had only this to fret over.....instead of cancer, job loss, debt, children struggling, tornados, floods, hurricains....

hope you get it now...and have a good day...

QVC Customer Care

Hi @lisco I sent you an email concerning the eyeglass chain.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not surprised. This from a host that not only has but uses every hair tool, beauty product every day. I check everything said with the online description. Actually I do with every product offered. Hosts don't sell me, they may show a product and after researching I MAY choose to buy.

Honored Contributor

I dont blame the OP for being upset....and QVC has been sued over misrepresentation several times....(diet food, royal jelly, vitamins etc).....There is sales "puffery" that's allowed but there's also misrepresentation which isn't!  The said host is one that doesnt do her homework on the products she is more involved in constructing "fantasy stories" to go along with clothing items, and asking silly questions to the vendors....and many times on products she merely "wings it!"..... The OP should definitely write a letter to QVC or use the feedback form on the website at the left hand corner of the page...under CONNECT WITH US..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt    There's a lot of "creative selling" going on at QVC.  It's so much easier to make something up than to actually learn something about the product.

Did you see the thread yesterday about the pastry with "layers of butter" but which contained no butter on the list of ingredients?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have had misrepresentations, as well as, leaving out important features, most likely because products wouldn't sell very well.

Hosts are supposed to acquaint themselves with the products they present.  Plastic and crystal are two different animals.  No excuses.  

Be thankful your chain is easy to pack and return unlike a 94 lb portable AC that cost me $10.50 for an UPS pickup.  However, that shouldn't make you less angry.  

Honored Contributor

@MandyG06  I checked all of Priev Revaux brand & could not find an eyeglass holder that even looked remotely crystal.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@lisco To be clear, Shawn only presents the items. They are sold by QVC. The hosts are given a script to follow, they don't make up the info.

You should voice your complaint to the Social Team by  emailing them as follows:

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

And for the sake of your blood pressure, stop watching her. You've really gone a bit overboard.

@Love my grandkids I don't believe they are givin a script to follow.  They are given product information and it's up to them what they do with that information and how they present it.  Some hosts obviously spend more time acquaintng themselves with the product than others.  

I read somewhere long ago that prospective hosts were given a product to present and then had to spend a certain amount of tme spieling the product with little to no preparation time.  It does amaze me sometims how much time they can spend talking about some products.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@lisco To be clear, Shawn only presents the items. They are sold by QVC. The hosts are given a script to follow, they don't make up the info.

You should voice your complaint to the Social Team by  emailing them as follows:

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

And for the sake of your blood pressure, stop watching her. You've really gone a bit overboard.

@Love my grandkids I don't believe they are givin a script to follow.  They are given product information and it's up to them what they do with that information and how they present it.  Some hosts obviously spend more time acquaintng themselves with the product than others.  

I read somewhere long ago that prospective hosts were given a product to present and then had to spend a certain amount of tme spieling the product with little to no preparation time.  It does amaze me sometims how much time they can spend talking about some products.

@Icegoddess  I agree. There is no way Shawn follows any script.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    There's a lot of "creative selling" going on at QVC.  It's so much easier to make something up than to actually learn something about the product.

Did you see the thread yesterday about the pastry with "layers of butter" but which contained no butter on the list of ingredients?

@Kachina624 

I saw the pastry "butter" thing....and added my own Dyson story.....QVC better watch these "creative" selling presentations or they may find themselves in court again......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”