Honored Contributor

Re: I'm very upset with Shawn Kilinger

[ Edited ]

@noodleann wrote:

I just watched the presentation. "Crystal" was a color name, what the clear chain was called. If you look at the chain, you can tell that it's highly unlikely that such a thing would be made, at that price, in actual crystal. It would be heavy and impractical.

I think this thing has the lowest ratings I've ever seen of a QVC product. I don't understand why people buy off TV without checking online first to see what people who bought the product experienced. That's saved me from many unwise purchases. If you can post here, you can look at the ratings. It's worth the extra effort.

@noodleann 

QVC is supposed to be about convenience, why should someone have to double check online after an on-air presentation ...... if the on-air shows are not to be trusted and one has to go online anyway before making a purchase, then QVC should just become an online retailer and not bother with all the expense of demonstrating products on air!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I've read through all the responses and I have to say that if the OP had just looked the item up on the website she would have seen the low ratings.  To hate a presenter for something she bought without doing any due diligence is on her.  I will go to the page and verify what I heard before I click the "submit order" button.   I research everything I buy unless the supplier is the sole source of the product.  Sales people get paid to sell an item.  It's their job.  They are not going to tell you it's junk.  They are not personally responsible for the suppliers item.   If you don't carefully read what you are purchasing and didn't research or verify the product  then you have only yourself to blame. Anything can be made to look nice in a presentation.  Always remember buyer beware.   If you bought it and the reviews all clearly state it's junk then that's on you.  You took the chance.  Call customer service ask for a refund and have the shipping charges waived.  The item was $12.

I've read so many reviews under an item where the person never read the description and then is mad that they got an item that was smaller, larger, not the material they thought was etc..and yet the information was either in the description, reviews etc.   I recently read a review where someone took a picture of a tag in a purse and the tag was attached to the lining and it said "100% polyester"  this person then went on a rant saying she paid for a leather purse not a polyester one.  The description of the item clearly stated handbag - leather then lining - 100% polyester.  I understand some don't want to take the time to research but then again you have only yourself to blame.  I have never totally trusted a sales pitch.    

Honored Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

I've read through all the responses and I have to say that if the OP had just looked the item up on the website she would have seen the low ratings.  To hate a presenter for something she bought without doing any due diligence is on her.  I will go to the page and verify what I heard before I click the "submit order" button.   I research everything I buy unless the supplier is the sole source of the product.  Sales people get paid to sell an item.  It's their job.  They are not going to tell you it's junk.  They are not personally responsible for the suppliers item.   If you don't carefully read what you are purchasing and didn't research or verify the product  then you have only yourself to blame. Anything can be made to look nice in a presentation.  Always remember buyer beware.   If you bought it and the reviews all clearly state it's junk then that's on you.  You took the chance.  Call customer service ask for a refund and have the shipping charges waived.  The item was $12.

I've read so many reviews under an item where the person never read the description and then is mad that they got an item that was smaller, larger, not the material they thought was etc..and yet the information was either in the description, reviews etc.   I recently read a review where someone took a picture of a tag in a purse and the tag was attached to the lining and it said "100% polyester"  this person then went on a rant saying she paid for a leather purse not a polyester one.  The description of the item clearly stated handbag - leather then lining - 100% polyester.  I understand some don't want to take the time to research but then again you have only yourself to blame.  I have never totally trusted a sales pitch.    

@eadu4  That is what most people would do I think. However, I think there are quite a few QVC buyers that are older and maybe hitting a certain point in life where they don't know what the heck they are doing. Who would think they are getting crystal for that price. That should have made her realize it was plastic. Not everyone has a functioning brain when they reach a certain age and then again some people don't have one at all.

Honored Contributor

First of all its rather sad that the OP is so upset over a $12 item.  If its not what she wants just return it and get a refund.

Secondly, its is truly sad that the thread turned in to a host, QVC bashing and sniping at each other.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@lisco To be clear, Shawn only presents the items. They are sold by QVC. The hosts are given a script to follow, they don't make up the info.

You should voice your complaint to the Social Team by  emailing them as follows:

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

And for the sake of your blood pressure, stop watching her. You've really gone a bit overboard.

@Love my grandkids I don't believe they are givin a script to follow.  They are given product information and it's up to them what they do with that information and how they present it.  Some hosts obviously spend more time acquaintng themselves with the product than others.  

I read somewhere long ago that prospective hosts were given a product to present and then had to spend a certain amount of tme spieling the product with little to no preparation time.  It does amaze me sometims how much time they can spend talking about some products.

@Icegoddess 

In several, MEET THE HOST BLOGS, video interviews, and articles about "A Day In The Life Of A QVC Host", the hosts explained how they go to meetings to see and learn all about the product from the vendor, and the key notes are written on those cards they all talk about.....then they also attend a prouction meeting where they talk about the products again! 

I don't doubt that is true.  I was only addressing the hiring process.  However, even with all that information, the hosts are still left on their own on HOW to present the information given to them.  They aren't given a script to follow.  

@Icegoddess 

Thats true, but they are expected to do their homework and know their products....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

FYI.......awful. Ashamed of herself?  She probably didn't know any better, i.e.,training, and you don't know any better by not being able to spell. Should we be "ashamed"? 

It's rude to critique a fellow poster's spelling.

She has every right to be upset; this was not a mistake. There is no mistaking plastic for crystal.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@noodleann wrote:

I just watched the presentation. "Crystal" was a color name, what the clear chain was called. If you look at the chain, you can tell that it's highly unlikely that such a thing would be made, at that price, in actual crystal. It would be heavy and impractical.

I think this thing has the lowest ratings I've ever seen of a QVC product. I don't understand why people buy off TV without checking online first to see what people who bought the product experienced. That's saved me from many unwise purchases. If you can post here, you can look at the ratings. It's worth the extra effort.

----------+

I agree.  At the price point, there is no way, the item was actual crystal, and also, as you pointed out,if this were made in crystal, it would be so heavy, who would want to wear it? 

Either the OP, had no knowledge of crystal, or, she was amusing herself, on the forums. 

Looking at the chain, I can't imagine it ever occurring to any host, that they would need to say, "Now the color of this option is crystal, it's not made from crystals"! 

Of course, I once bought a blow dryer, and the warnings, included instructions, not to use it on an unconscious person!  So I guess you never know!