Respected Contributor

Re: I'm done shopping on QVC!

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

But everything I ordered from Amazon has been delivered on time or earlier and I get notification if it will be earlier as well as when it has been delivered.  QVC just isn't what it started out to be  :/

Amazon has 110 distribution centers located across the county & Q has 5 or 6....comparing them is apples & cinder blocks.

Honored Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

But everything I ordered from Amazon has been delivered on time or earlier and I get notification if it will be earlier as well as when it has been delivered.  QVC just isn't what it started out to be  :/

Amazon is larger with more distribution centers and also their own delivery system!  In spite of all that I have had orders not arrive!! 

QVC relies on many vendors to ship from their warehouses so once order sent to vendor then it is out of QVC's comtrol!

Esteemed Contributor

I had a similar experience recently for an item I returned to HSN.  I hardly ever return things but I took it to the PO on Dec 21.   Since then zero tracking expect for Dec 22 when the package was "picked up" by the shipping partner.  Nothing since though I am just waiting patiently as I know the post office is extremely busy and under staffed like everywhere else........I have to say though I was surprised to see the shipping partner statement.

Honored Contributor

I'd never recommend this company to others, it's riddled with issues and I think your decision to be done with it, is wise. That's the only way they'll get the message. 

Respected Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

Same with me @snipsnapsnur .  Have had all on-line orders shipped promptly and received on time. Whether they are small companies or large.  I ordered from Amazon, The Vermont Country store, LL Bean, Soft Surroundings, A toy catalog, and a few others (along with local businesses). All were received before Christmas.  If they can do it, there is no reason why qvc could not. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@snipsnapsnur    Shortly before Christmas, I had the same problem with a package seemingly being held up at my local post office.  I wenr to the USPS website, found a complaint form which I completed.  Within 15 minutes, I got a call from a man at my local PO.  We had an enlightening chat.  I read him the tracking I was reading and he told me it was entered by "the shipping partner" hired to transport pkgs from UPS to the PO.  It was nothing like the official USPS tracking. 

The PO had never received my pkg and, although he'd looked, it wasn't there.  He said they don't hold or store any packages as they don't have room. 

So it appears that much of the tracking is fiction entered to cover some entity's a$$.  What happens to these packages is a mystery, perhaps a black hole.  It doesn't appear to be the fault of the post office, and QVC must be losing thousands in what they have to refund. 

Even if they're losing thousands they must still be making out like bandits to keep using a system that doesn't seem to work so well...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

In December I had a QVC package sitting for several days (according to tracking)  at our USPS sorting facility about an hour away from my local post office.  So I filed a “where is my package” report on the USPS website. The next day I received an e-mail from my local post office saying they researched it and the package was never in their system. The day after receiving that e-mail my package was delivered. 🤔

Respected Contributor

It is frustrating & no I don't believe it is out of QVC's hands. If they have the product in stock, contact the company that will deliver it. QVC is a huge account. If they say to USPS/UPS/FedEx or for Pete's sake Amazon drivers!, you can have our account for X amount of time if you will just get our packages to our customers reasonably. Someone started playing this game with one company picking up packages & holding them until the next company picks them up & holds them & then they trickle out to the customer. It is a system that is not working. If we are paying for shipping & companies, like QVC, are paying for shipping why aren't things moving? Pay USPS to pick up the package & deliver it! Or UPS or FedEx. Cut out all of the time consuming moving, holding, moving holding. We all accepted it for a while during their excuse time of Covid, but those companies are still there. Still charging the money. Not delivering good service!
Honored Contributor

I think I would contact the shipping company.  Q kept up their part of the transaction.

Respected Contributor

@snipsnapsnur  I totally agree.  I am shopping more and more from other sites.  The products QVC offer are not the same quality as they used to be.  I've shopped with QVC for 30 years and I might add, very happily.  Not of late.  This year has been a complete disappointment for me. The quality is debatable at best, and returns are a complete joke.

It makes me very sad.  I've depended on QVC for so long. Denim and Company has been my go to for years, now, I can't depend on a proper fit or quality fabric from them.

It's just not worth the exorbitant shipping return charges and the length of time to process a return  for me any more.