Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Three Patricia Nash items that I ordered that were listed as "Preparing your order" are now on "back order!"   But if you go to their page they are all listed as "in stock".  (One of them is much more expensive then when I ordered.)  So which is it?  Are they "in stock" as their description page says - or not?  why would QVC take more orders on these items if they can't fulfill the orders they already have?

QVC Customer Care

Hi @daisy4 

I am sorry for any confusion and frustration regarding these bags.

We are working to ship your orders out as quicky as possible but unfortuately we are experiencing delays at many of our fulfillment centers.

If the items are showing in stock online, any estimated delivery date given on a new order would reflect any type of backorder/delay.

Barb

Customer Care

Valued Contributor

I guess my question is what does backorder mean.  Does it mean that QVC doesn't have the items or does it mean they have them, but are just slow in processing them?

QVC Customer Care

@daisy4 

Backorder means an item is temporarily out of stock, and it is taking longer than expected to obtain additional inventory.

Barb

Contributor

Some reasonable explanation needs to be given to Q's customers ----- indicating problems with fulfillment centers just doesn't carry it!

Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm Confused!

[ Edited ]

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

@daisy4 

Backorder means an item is temporarily out of stock, and it is taking longer than expected to obtain additional inventory.

Barb

I'm even more confused, I orderted something before it was even shown on air and it said it was "it stock" and it was in process for a week or so and now backordered, "temprarily out of stock". .  How did this happen when I ordered it before it even aired?   Are you sending orders out to people that have ordered them after others have, or were they not in stock to begin with ?   This has gone on for quit some time now and us customers really should be informed on what's going on.   Your sister station HSN dosn't seem to be having any problems in shipping at all.   Thanks

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@daisy4 wrote:

Three Patricia Nash items that I ordered that were listed as "Preparing your order" are now on "back order!"   But if you go to their page they are all listed as "in stock".  (One of them is much more expensive then when I ordered.)  So which is it?  Are they "in stock" as their description page says - or not?  why would QVC take more orders on these items if they can't fulfill the orders they already have?

They just started doing this "back order" thing recently and it is very confusing to customers. This seems to be how it works: (1) Preparing your order, (2) back order, (3) Shipping date. The "back order" status is confusing, unnecessary, and makes no sense. I don't know whose bad idea this was. Several shoppers have cancelled their orders because of it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

Hi @daisy4 

I am sorry for any confusion and frustration regarding these bags.

We are working to ship your orders out as quicky as possible but unfortuately we are experiencing delays at many of our fulfillment centers.

If the items are showing in stock online, any estimated delivery date given on a new order would reflect any type of backorder/delay.

Barb

Customer Care

Someone needs to get the shipping department under control. Maybe you need a new, more experienced manager. I have been with QVC for many years and have never seen such a mess. The "C" in QVC is for convenience and it is not convenient to take weeks to fulfill orders. When you order something that is in stock, you should never see the words "back order" in your status. If there is a delay, then put the word "delay" in the status, but not "back order". It is too confusing and does not represent what is happening. None of us can understand how an item can be available at the time of purchase and then, suddenly, not be available. Items are either available or thay are not available. You need to figure out why this miscommunication between QVC and the vendors is taking place. Are you having a rash of thefts at the warehouse or is no one taking inventory?

Trusted Contributor

I'm having the same issues. The explanation doesn't make any sense to me. I don't understand why it would show in stock if you can't receive the order. Why can't it show out of stock until it can actually be ordered and received? Seeme like a good way to agravate many customers.