Contributor

I'd appreciate some help please.

I placed an order for Jimmy the baker 18 PC dessert bars on Sunday the 19th... There were two ship dates to choose from .. immediately and may 3rd. I chose immediate ship. It's a perishable item so I checked my order status this morning and it's still in process with an estimated delivery date of May 2. I emailed customer service and was told that was the correct date. This makes no sense. So if I chose may 3 , it would be delivered around the same time as something ordered 2 weeks prior ? Any help would be appreciated.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'd appreciate some help please.

I've bought Jimmy too - they are make fresh so perhaps in process means they haven't been 'made' yet.  Doesn't have to mean food is sitting in a box waiting to be shipped.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ilene123 wrote:
I placed an order for Jimmy the baker 18 PC dessert bars on Sunday the 19th... There were two ship dates to choose from .. immediately and may 3rd. I chose immediate ship. It's a perishable item so I checked my order status this morning and it's still in process with an estimated delivery date of May 2. I emailed customer service and was told that was the correct date. This makes no sense. So if I chose may 3 , it would be delivered around the same time as something ordered 2 weeks prior ? Any help would be appreciated.

I have been noticing the shipping delays are infiltrating the food section  now. A few of my orders have sat in shipped mode, over a whole weekend. So far so good, food still cold but I expect to be complaining very soon as the weather warms up! 

PLUS.......... They always ship a/d foods on a Tuesday but I notice lately my orders are no longer shipping the week I order them but sit in ITP untill the NEXT week  Smiley Sad

PERSONALLY, I THINK THE Q HAS BITTEN OFF MORE THAN THEY CAN CHEW!!!!!    jmo

QVC Customer Care

@Ilene123 wrote:

@Ilene123  I have taken a look at the order, with a target estimated delivery date of 5/3, in order for the desserts to be their freshest they would most likley not ship until 4/29 or 4/30. 

Susan Q-Social

Contributor

@susan Q-Social thank you for your reply. My question is then on the 19 th when this was presented , why were there choices to ship immediately or on 5/3 ? Because the reality evidently is " ship now " is weeks from now ( which is beyond me). So if I chose the may 3rd ship date , does that mean it would arrive closer to June for" freshness" ??? I could understand if this was an advance order , but it was not This whole situation makes zero sense to me.... Zero.
Contributor

I've ordered from him several times before. Never had to wait weeks for freshness.
Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. I appreciate it.
Honored Contributor

@Ilene123   Make your own brownies?