Trusted Contributor

I am so over Christmas in July!!!

I could understand a day or two around the 25th of the month, but this is just crazy!  It's over 100 outside, and the very last thing I want to think about is Christmas!  Most of what I've seen on line looks like over priced trinkets!  None really looks special, and most looks cheap, and several are on the tacky side.  Then there are all the over priced food items.  I guess I'm saving money, but I sure as heck wouldn't purchase any of the trinkets I've seen for myself, or even for anyone I knew!  

Contributor

Re: I am so over Christmas in July!!!

I totally agree.  If they must present Christmas 5 or 6 months before the holidays one day a month for a few couple hour shows I could understand.  Retail pushes us into a blessed holiday for all the wrong reasons, its not all about making money so lets enjoy the summer and fall months and begin to celebrate closer to the birth of the reason for the season.

Trusted Contributor

Obviously, the people who spend money during Christmas in July generate a lot more revenue than those who simply sit and watch QVC to adlleviate their boredom.

Contributor

Totally agree!  i just can't get the whole idea of Christmas in July-it's bad enough when the merchants start jamming Christmas down your throat in October-but this is ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC brass obviously decided to go for a commercialized promotion of Christmas. For many of us, this is an over-the-top marketing ploy. For me, the Christmas in June, July, and August are a total turn-off. I don't know if this constant Christmas promotion benefits QVC but for me it is a total turn off. I do not watch. For some, perhaps, it's great programming. For others, like me, it's a total turn off.

Respected Contributor

Awwwww, well bless your heart Heart

Respected Contributor

@JINX wrote:

I totally agree.  If they must present Christmas 5 or 6 months before the holidays one day a month for a few couple hour shows I could understand.  Retail pushes us into a blessed holiday for all the wrong reasons, its not all about making money so lets enjoy the summer and fall months and begin to celebrate closer to the birth of the reason for the season.

Well, as your "reason for the season" couldn't possibly have truly been born in December, QVC really IS actually offering their programming closer to the birth.  Just sayin.

Frequent Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana Best answer of the night.