Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: I am so disappointed and broken hearted!

@Venezia wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

OR the shipper/delivery leaves it at your home in error.

@RespectLife- I did just want to add that, in the event a delivery person leaves something at your address in error, you are still not entitled to keep it.

Only if it has your name and address on it, are you entitled to open and keep it, if desired.  It's a federal offense to open mail addressed to anyone but yourself, punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine up to $250,000.

Not something most people would want to do!

i already got packages and mail delivered to me by mistake a few times.. turns out it was the persons on my street. so i walked up and put it on there porch.. i would definetely wamt the same done for me...

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

OR the shipper/delivery leaves it at your home in error.

@RespectLife- I did just want to add that, in the event a delivery person leaves something at your address in error, you are still not entitled to keep it.

Only if it has your name and address on it, are you entitled to open and keep it, if desired.  It's a federal offense to open mail addressed to anyone but yourself, punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine up to $250,000.

Not something most people would want to do!

Yes @Venezia 

Absolutely correct...I should have explained that detail further.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @AngieSC and hope you find another gift you want to give your daughter in law...

I understand being disappointed the gift you'd hoped to give isn't available and I certainly understand the regret associated with seeing this retailer, time after time, being less than responsive or responsible with regard to order fulfillment and customer service. Broken hearted is a bit of a stretch...

The sooner and more often customers start expressing their discontent with QVC's operation by shopping with their feet, the sooner they'll get the message that it is NOT all right to jerk customers around... 

Nice of them, wasn't it, to offer to refund your shipping and to not charge you to return an item you didn't order...  What is WRONG with these people...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...