Respected Contributor

Re: I am so disappointed and broken hearted!

Bad enough to have received the wrong  item but CS snapped at me  ,just send them  back  with no apology.  Warehouse can correct it was  all I was told. That  kind of attitude is what gets me irritated on top of the  wrong item sent. It happens far too often .

Honored Contributor

A mess for sure. I hope you can find another gift without giving your cardigan away.

Honored Contributor

Regarding keeping an incorrect item sent to you, why would anyone want to keep it?  I wouldn't feel right keeping something that doesn't belong to me.  Even if it was their fault in sending it, I don't think it's right to keep it.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Disappointed and heartbroken, sorry in reality is is a sweater, there is a lot more in life to disapoint the getting the wrong clothing. On the other hand dealing with QVC becomes more and more difficult every day

I totally agree!  Never let something like this break your heart!  Not worth it!

I have NOT, however, had any issues in dealing with QVC.  It is not difficult for me at all. 

Honored Contributor

@Ane1Care wrote:

The Federal Trades Commission, FTC, protects you in a case like this. When you receive an item you didn't order the company cannot make you return it, nor can they charge you for it. It is considered a gift. A lot of folks, even those in CS, don't realize this. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise. You can return the pants if you like but, you don't have to.

fullsizeoutput_2400.jpeg

In my previous years of retail experience at JCP catalog (back in its Hey Day)...this does NOT apply to receiving the WRONG merchandise when you did indeed place an order.

When you place an order and get incorrect merchandise in the bag, you accepted dealings and purchased from this company.

If you are unwilling to return it, it was our obligation to pick the pkg up (Issue UPS Call Tag) and reship the correct item or issue credit.  It is at the companies option as when to reship (meaning wait til return is picked up or resend immediately).  You do not just get to keep it as a freebie.

This ONLY applies to receiving something from a company when you NEVER even placed an order OR the shipper/delivery leaves it at your home in error.

Respected Contributor

@AngieSC wrote:

I ordered a denim and company cardigan for my daughter in law for her birthday. I had ordered one and I ordered the same type in this order for myself a while back. The other I ordered did not fit her. Plus she can only wear certain colors to work.So I called customer service only to discover that they will not ship my item until they get the return OF THE YOGA PANTS!!!  I did not order them. Someone got a cardigan and then returned the pants in the cardigan bag!! So I got a pair of YOGA PANTS instead of the cardigan I ordered!! If I had this issue with Amazon they would tell me to keep the pants and they will send me the item I ordered and if I said it was a gift they would do next day shipping at no cost to me!! QVC what has happened to your customer service!!??? It used to be wonderful! Of course when I checked the item to see if they still had it, it is sold out!! So I cannot get my item that was in stock when I ordered it!! The pants are nice pants but the bag they were in had a label, on the label it had denim and co cardigan with button detail etc. The yoga pants were not even close to the color of the item I ordered. So I call back the 2nd time to tell fhem item is sold out and was told oh sorry but send those pants back and we will not charge you for the return and we will refund your money. So I guess I will have to tell my daughter in law. Sorry but they messed up my order so you don’t get a cardigan for your birthday. Or maybe I will have to give her mine that I ordered a while back md put up for Christmas for my hubby to give me and now I am out my cardigan also. So disappointed!!!

I'm sorry, that sounds very frustrating.

I'm a little confused.

You ordered a cardigan that did not fit her, but say you got yoga pants instead of a cardigan, not with a cardigan.

Whatever happened, if QVC sent you yoga pants by mistake, that's on them.

And I agree, other companies I've purchased from have sent me multiple orders by mistake and I've contacted them and they told me to keep the items.

Respected Contributor

I recently received the wrong items from an Amazon 3rd party vendor. They gave me a full refund and did not want the items returned. That was their decision.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife- Your response to the question of whether FTC rules apply to "unsolicited material" is absolutely correct.

People keep trying to use this to justify keeping something that was sent in error.  It only applies to something sent from a company from which you never ordered (or had business dealings with).

Mistakes happen; the FTC rules do not give you carte blanche to keep anything sent in error.  If the company decides, after notification, that they don't want the item returned at their expense, that is their decision.  Otherwise, if you don't return it, they are entitled to charge you for it.

It's a shame the OP didn't get what she ordered, but it's just that:  a mistake.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

OR the shipper/delivery leaves it at your home in error.

@RespectLife- I did just want to add that, in the event a delivery person leaves something at your address in error, you are still not entitled to keep it.

Only if it has your name and address on it, are you entitled to open and keep it, if desired.  It's a federal offense to open mail addressed to anyone but yourself, punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine up to $250,000.

Not something most people would want to do!

Valued Contributor

No need to be consescending to the author of the post.  The idea here is to respond to one's post regarding whatever the post, can't we just be nice?