I am so disappointed and broken hearted!

I ordered a denim and company cardigan for my daughter in law for her birthday. I had ordered one and I ordered the same type in this order for myself a while back. The other I ordered did not fit her. Plus she can only wear certain colors to work.So I called customer service only to discover that they will not ship my item until they get the return OF THE YOGA PANTS!!!  I did not order them. Someone got a cardigan and then returned the pants in the cardigan bag!! So I got a pair of YOGA PANTS instead of the cardigan I ordered!! If I had this issue with Amazon they would tell me to keep the pants and they will send me the item I ordered and if I said it was a gift they would do next day shipping at no cost to me!! QVC what has happened to your customer service!!??? It used to be wonderful! Of course when I checked the item to see if they still had it, it is sold out!! So I cannot get my item that was in stock when I ordered it!! The pants are nice pants but the bag they were in had a label, on the label it had denim and co cardigan with button detail etc. The yoga pants were not even close to the color of the item I ordered. So I call back the 2nd time to tell fhem item is sold out and was told oh sorry but send those pants back and we will not charge you for the return and we will refund your money. So I guess I will have to tell my daughter in law. Sorry but they messed up my order so you don’t get a cardigan for your birthday. Or maybe I will have to give her mine that I ordered a while back md put up for Christmas for my hubby to give me and now I am out my cardigan also. So disappointed!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: I am so disappointed and broken hearted!

Disappointed and heartbroken, sorry in reality is is a sweater, there is a lot more in life to disapoint the getting the wrong clothing. On the other hand dealing with QVC becomes more and more difficult every day

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I can't even imagine getting heartbroken over something like this. I mean, it's just an item of clothing.  I'm sure you can find something similar that she'll love just as much. 

Super Contributor

The Federal Trades Commission, FTC, protects you in a case like this. When you receive an item you didn't order the company cannot make you return it, nor can they charge you for it. It is considered a gift. A lot of folks, even those in CS, don't realize this. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise. You can return the pants if you like but, you don't have to.

fullsizeoutput_2400.jpeg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Image result for that's sooooooooooo sad

New Contributor

I feel the same as you do, especially when I find a sweater or a frying pan that is "just right" for my needs.  I've been shopping with HSN and QVC since the 80's and was happy with all my purchases.  Even the quality of the designer clothing is getting worse and then more expensive. $ 68 for a poly/span top, $75 for stretch cotton pants??? Come on....

This is why some  of us are HEARTBROKEN over a perfect cardigan/sweater, maybe for a good price and then not be able to get it ordered/recieved.  Please know that you are not at fault for your feelings, while others may think it is not okay to feel such and such a way.  Don't give up, there are still a few good buys if you look for the "deals".

Respected Contributor

@AngieSC wrote:

I ordered a denim and company cardigan for my daughter in law for her birthday. I had ordered one and I ordered the same type in this order for myself a while back. The other I ordered did not fit her. Plus she can only wear certain colors to work.So I called customer service only to discover that they will not ship my item until they get the return OF THE YOGA PANTS!!!  I did not order them. Someone got a cardigan and then returned the pants in the cardigan bag!! So I got a pair of YOGA PANTS instead of the cardigan I ordered!! If I had this issue with Amazon they would tell me to keep the pants and they will send me the item I ordered and if I said it was a gift they would do next day shipping at no cost to me!! QVC what has happened to your customer service!!??? It used to be wonderful! Of course when I checked the item to see if they still had it, it is sold out!! So I cannot get my item that was in stock when I ordered it!! The pants are nice pants but the bag they were in had a label, on the label it had denim and co cardigan with button detail etc. The yoga pants were not even close to the color of the item I ordered. So I call back the 2nd time to tell fhem item is sold out and was told oh sorry but send those pants back and we will not charge you for the return and we will refund your money. So I guess I will have to tell my daughter in law. Sorry but they messed up my order so you don’t get a cardigan for your birthday. Or maybe I will have to give her mine that I ordered a while back md put up for Christmas for my hubby to give me and now I am out my cardigan also. So disappointed!!!

I was order a pair of white snow boots for my daughter on line.  I received a pair of white Men Nike pull on sport sandal.  They apologized, said I could keep the Men's Nike Sandals and refunded the shipping then sent me my daughter's boots.

Contributor

I have been in your situation also. There really isn't much you can do , but I now how disappointed you are. Thank you to the "poster" that sent the info about what the ftc actually says to follow. I even copied it for future reference .

Respected Contributor

What is with this re-occuring theme of grown adults being horribly dissappointed because their birthday gifts are late?    Isn't this something people out grow, after say, age 10? 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Contributor

Wow, I wish I knew the law about returning unordered merchandise when QVC sent me a $300+ sapphire tennis bracelet by mistake about two months ago. The real item that I ordered was only about $60. Had no idea that I could have legally kept the bracelet. Oh well...good karma for me I hope!