Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: I am so SiCK of this WEBSITE!!!!!!

No its not my computer its QVC........

Esteemed Contributor

As of 5/17/18, this problem is still not fixed. I haven't been able to view "Items Recently On Air" for at least a month. It just will not load - jumps up and down. I can click on most anything else and don't have a problem (that I'm aware of), but IROA is a huge problem for many of us. I don't understand why the mods haven't responded to this issue in weeks.

Regular Contributor

Try "chat" I did again today they said all was fine there........but the lastime I sent email and it was ok until now.  If more people call in mail in then it may be solved its annoying and doing it in 2 browsers only .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not just the QVC website, not just our devices/software -- it's the way they interact with each other that causes the technical problems we've reported for years and years with no resolution.    That explains why some people will see certain problems and others will not.

A corporation as large as QVC should have a technically professionally designed and managed website -- but they do not and never did, as far as I've seen.   This is the reason we see such tiresome, aggravating problems with this cantankerous, antiquated site.   

This leaves QVC's customers constantly checking to see if all software (operating system and browser) is up-to-date and all cookies/cache/website data are frequently deleted.   (Some of the browser addons/extensions cause problems here, too.)   

Some of this is "good housekeeping" on devices...  but frankly this site should not be so sensitive to the variables and customers shouldn't be left to continue all manner of technical troubleshooting.   Not everyone is a techie, nor should they be expected to be.

Customer Service is separate from IT, and I've learned they know little or nothing about technical site issues.    Also, the QVC Social Team is not tech support and, although they pass along our reports when we are specific, they cannot fix the problems.

(I'm not having any problems, at the moment.   I've never seen the "flashing" reported by some, so I'm not sure what that looks like.   I'm using a 6-year old Mac and 6-year old iPad 3, macOS 10.13.4, iOS 9.3.3.  I clear all cookies/cache/website data and close and relaunch browsers at least once a day.   I normally use the Chrome browser, current version 65.0.3325.181.   Safari tends to be more problematic here, since they're ultra sensitive to any website problems.   Chrome and Firefox usually are more forgiving.  I don't use Microsoft products, and I've noticed Opera isn't supported on this site.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I don't sit and watch QVC all day nor do I keep it on for background noise.  However, I do like view online what has been offered.  For weeks now, the items recently aired feature has not worked properly-lot of buffering and items not loading.

Any idea when it will be repaired?  Perhaps QVC.com has too much on its platform and cannot support everything on the webpage which I must say is a bit of mess.

Esteemed Contributor

It's May 22nd and this issue has been reported for far too long, yet it continues. I don't watch QVC "live" - but I do like to check the Items Recently on Air - or I did until over a month ago when it refused to load, and it still won't work. It appears to me that the Q's IT tech team either can't fix the problem or doesn't believe that it's an issue. Oh well - not my loss and I won't be checking that page any more. There are plenty of other places to shop online where websites are kept working and up to date for their customers.

Respected Contributor

I think the problems on this website stem mostly from the endless tinkering and the IT staff’s inability to correct the impact of these changes on various other functions. Each new feature seems to trigger a new issue.

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I selected "Items Recently on Air" and the screen is flashing, the words are words are flashing.  How can you purchase products with this website always doing bizarre things or going down?  Someone fix this.  I am completely fed up.   Cat Mad

I could not agree with you more!!!!!!!!!! This website is so slow, and I am so tired of seeing the same, " QVC has a long running script", no matter what time of day it is, just as slow at 2 in the morning or any other time of day. I can go to any other website, and my computer is very fast, but QVC is horrible. Constantly having to re-sign in, but I cannot believe with this high tech. dept. they cannot get this to be a smooth running website. Thanks for letting me vent. KatCat1 you are just as frustrated as I am. Please QVC look into this.                         bamasec

Trusted Contributor

My experience has been when you try to contact anyone at QVC about web site problems, they are flat out rude to you.  They always suggest you clear your cookies, and that is NEVER the issue!  The issue is with QVC's web site that can't keep working more than two days in a row.  For a company that wants to sell items on air, they really need to make sure their web site works, and stop blaming the customers for their web site problems!  It's as if they only hire those who flunk out of school to work in their IT department!

Valued Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

My experience has been when you try to contact anyone at QVC about web site problems, they are flat out rude to you.  They always suggest you clear your cookies, and that is NEVER the issue!  The issue is with QVC's web site that can't keep working more than two days in a row.  For a company that wants to sell items on air, they really need to make sure their web site works, and stop blaming the customers for their web site problems!  It's as if they only hire those who flunk out of school to work in their IT department!

Ita! You could not have made a better point. Thank you.

bamasec