Honored Contributor
Accepted Solution

I am having a problem accessing HSN from Chrome

I can't access HSN using Chrome browser. However, I can access it with IE. What is the problem with Chrome and HSN?

Respected Contributor

Re: I am having a problem accessing HSN from Chrome

[ Edited ]

I find similar issues with some sites using different browsers. End up going from one to another, like Chrome to Firefox, etc,  a bit annoying at the least.

Honored Contributor

It just started today. Yesterday Chrome would let me get on the HSN site. But not today. There was a Chrome update late yesterday and I wonder if that did something to a setting...??

Honored Contributor

HMMM...all of the sudden it's fixed now! Woman Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

I have had the same problem for the past 3 days. I have been using the link at the bottom of QVC website to get to HSN but if I just type in HSN.COM it times out.
Regular Contributor

I am having a problem buying from the site. I have IE 10 and since last night if I go tp purchase it gives me no option on the credit card I want to use. I cant really order anything unless I call. Very strange.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Arley1210 wrote:

I am having a problem buying from the site. I have IE 10 and since last night if I go tp purchase it gives me no option on the credit card I want to use. I cant really order anything unless I call. Very strange.

@Arley1210,  I use Apple devices and never was a fan of IE, so I had to look up the version.   It appears that Microsoft ended support for IE 10 in January 2016.   The Q site is "technically challenged" even with the most current browser software, so it's possible your IE 10 is the source of this problem.   In addition to updating, it's a good idea to have at least 2 different browsers updated and working on any computer...  it's the best and fastest way to troubleshoot a problem, by quickly trying the same operation on a different browser.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MillieMilan wrote:
I have had the same problem for the past 3 days. I have been using the link at the bottom of QVC website to get to HSN but if I just type in HSN.COM it times out.

@MillieMilan,  Are you using the newly-updated version of Google Chrome discussed in the thread, or something else?   If your browser is updated and you still have trouble accessing HSN without using QVC's link you might want to delete cookies/cache/website data and then quit and relaunch the browser.   

Unfortunately QVC's and HSN's sites are ultra-sensitive to older cookies and cache,  more than most other sites, so their customers have to take a few extra steps to try and avoid technical glitches.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

dooBdoo - nope, everything is updated and cleared
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MillieMilan wrote:
dooBdoo - nope, everything is updated and cleared

Thanks, @MillieMilan!   I cleared everything out and tried "hsn.com" on my Mac with Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.   You found a security problem that HSN needs to be notified about.   

Currently, in most cases, if we only type "hsn.com" the URL is not secure.    There's a warning notification to the left of the web address -- here's an example:

View site informationYour connection to this site is not secure.

This means "hsn.com" is not properly defaulting to "https://www.hsn.com/" as it should, and without that security the browsers are not connecting.   When we link to the site through QVC, the URL is defaulting correctly to "https://www.hsn.com/" and is secure and reachable.

If we've already previously connected to the secure HSN web address, then typing "hsn.com" will probably work because our computer will "find" the proper connection and make an adjustment, but it won't work in other cases.  

Since QVC and HSN are now associated, I hope the QVC Social Team will see this and report it.   Thanks for the heads up!    Great catch on your part!