Occasional Contributor

I Am Done With QVC - No More For Me - This Was Insulting To Me

this morning was my 5th call and let me say now my last call and last time shopping with QVC this call the man said he could give me 3.00 refund for this broken piece ... I am shocked ... I am done with QVC and all my advance orders I made for November and December I am cancelling right now ... Goodbye QVC

I purchased this TSV in Sharock and in Romance. The Shamrock set was alright but the Romance Set the 2 Quart Swoval - spelling maybe wrong - was broken in the box, I called customer service and asked if I had to send the whole set back and they told me they would send the replacement piece. I got an e-mail confirmation that they were sending the thermal tote, so I called again and told them I did not need the tote as I already ordered and got that. I asked about the 2 Quart Swoval that was what was broken and the person said she didn't not if I would get a replacement or not. This is heartbreaking to me as this is a important piece of the Romance Set. Who can direct me to a person who knows the answer and to get this 2 Quart piece of the set? Please ....

Honored Contributor

Re: I Am Done With QVC - No More For Me - This Was Insulting To Me

I hope our moderators are able to help you because I have no idea what a swovel is or what you're talking about.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

It was a TSV Temptations 21 piece bakeware set featuring the new shapes called swoval on 8/29/2018

Honored Contributor

You said you are done with QVC -- no more calls, last time shopping, goodbye QVC.

Yet now you want the Mods to figure out this issue and help you?  Which is it?

I find the Mods here very helpful and reasonable (and incredibly patient!).  I have that set in which you are referring in Harvest and it is indeed beautful.  I really hope the Mods can assist you, @cool2bcalm.  It really can be "cool to be calm."  [I couldn't help that.]

Contributor

They called it a ‘squoval’ combining the shapes of square and oval. I assume Tara made it up.

Esteemed Contributor

Since this is at least the second time the OP has shared this story in the forums, I'm not sure how much of a "last time experience" it might be. I'm sorry that it happened, though.

And yes, "squoval" is a term Tara says she and her team made up to describe the new shape of the latest bakeware set, combining "square" and "oval." However, that essentially just means it's a rectangle with rounded corners, which I think would be a much simpler and clearer way to describe the shape. But then again, Tara also describes the shape of her latest dinnerware set (H212347) as a "teardrop" when it's simply a square with bracketed or scrolled edges, so I guess she has an active imagination. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

The term "squoval" has been around for a long time, so I doubt Tara made it up; just decided to use it more like.

However, I can't see why the OP hasn't just returned the defective set for a replacement.  She first posted about it on 09/07, so it seems it would've been quicker to do that.  Someone made that suggestion to her on the other thread.

The mods helped her out recently with a Lock'n'Lock issue, so I see no reason why she wouldn't ask their help with this, instead of making repeated phone calls.

And I never understand why people say they cancel all their additional orders over one problem.  Whatever, there are plenty of places for the OP to shop.

Honored Contributor

@cool2bcalm- Calm down and ask the mods for help, just as they helped you with the Lock'n'Lock issue.

@Susan-QVC@Melvin-QVCor any other mods?

QVC Customer Care

Hi @cool2bcalm, I am so sorry this happened to you and for your disappointment on how the issue was handled. The problem is we do not have any stock for that item and cannot sent a replacement or the peice you need. Have you contacted Temptations? Their contact information is 1-800-442-8677 or www.temp-tations.com. Please let us know if they are able to help.

Honored Contributor

Tara definitely didn't come up with the term squoval.  I've been having my nails filed in a squoval shape for years.  They are straight across the edge and rounded on the corners.  LOL