Contributor

Re: I AM CONFUSED AND LET'S CALL IT UNHAPPY

[ Edited ]

Rescpectlife - are you sure they say for new customers? I think they say for customers opening a new account. I could be wrong...going from memory here.

I had a bad experience with the Q card less than six months ago. I was approved, attempted to make my purchase and then the Q Card never worked. Five hours on the phone and three conference calls between Q and Synchrony and nobody would claim it was their fault. We all agreed I would close the account and try again after the "six" month waiting period. I have it marked on my calendar when I can reapply and I sure hope they honor their $40 credit. They are the ones who told me to do it that way.

Contributor

Thank you for your views on the subject.  I don't believe I ever requested that they make an exception just for me.  I am simply stating that when they are sellling the Q card with benefits they should make it clear regarding qualifications.

And no, I was not embarrassed.

@RespectLife wrote:

Odd man out here.

The OP HAD a QVC account previously.  The credit is for NEW customers.  OP is NOT new, so does not qualify.  Sorry, but those are the facts.

I actually would feel a bit embarrassed to come here and admit I didn't qualify and then complain the rules should be adjusted just for me.

I don't care how long ago it was...the offer was for first time Card holders.  I agree w/ the previous poster...QVC would be opening up the door for a lot of fraud with ppl who would close and reopen.

Hardly utilizIng a 'Corporate loophole'.  It is a term and condition of the offer!  No luring, no baiting...just possibly the OP not understanding who qualifies.

Honored Contributor

I am 99% sure they specifically say it is for new account holders. 

Occasional Contributor

I THINK THAT IS ROTTEN!  I too recently applied to take advantage of the offer during this past holiday shopping season.  I wish I never did.  The item I applied it against I just returned and now it is a nightmare to to get this situation corrected because they are refunding the wrong amount and I have spoken with three different people so far.  ...and we are talking a $60 difference, not pennies. Even the way the card company is structured, it is terrible.  Does not hold a candle to dealing with the likes of Capital one or Chase!!!  They are black and white, this one seems wishy-washy so far.

SURELY NOT WORTH ALL THE HYPE AND HASSLE!

Honored Contributor

When I hear it offered on TV, it was always my understanding it was for new QCard holders...meaning they never had a QCard before.

QVC remembers us.  One time I stopped buying for years.  On my return, I got a "WELCOME BACK."  Surprised I wasn't asked where I had been.  Lol!