Contributor

I AM CONFUSED AND LET'S CALL IT UNHAPPY

I applied for a Qcard in September when they were offering one of their $40 statement credit offers.  I was approved and made my purchase.  Fast forward to months later and I have not seen a $40 credit.  Called Customer Service and they didn't see it either.  They said they would check on it and to call back in a few days.  This was three days before Christmas, I did not call back until January.

I was informed that Corporate did not award me the $40 dollars because I was a previous Qcard holder.  That was over eleven years ago.  The account was paid off and I closed it.  Obviously I think this is considered a new account with a new account number.  Regardless, where in the presentation and constant "hawking" (forgive the phrase) is it mentioned that you have to be a first-time Qcard applicant?  I did not see it in the fine print either. So nice of them to inform you.

I am a wonderful customer and have been for years.  I do not understand why this organization would begrudge me $40.  Do you?

Honored Contributor

Re: I AM CONFUSED AND LET'S CALL IT UNHAPPY

Wow @Herfy  that is really trifling of corporate.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Maybe they should specify a specific timeframe. Otherwise, people could apply,then cancel, apply, then cancel,etc. just to get the 40$ or whatever they are offering at the time.

QVC Customer Care

@Herfy

I have sent you an email concerning this issue.

Beth QVC

Contributor

Thank you Beth for your reply.

Honored Contributor

They wouldn't give you the credit because you had an account that closed out 11 years ago??  That's crazy!

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

They wouldn't give you the credit because you had an account that closed out 11 years ago??  That's crazy!

think about the writers who can't get something shipped to an address where there was a "bad apple" living there before.

Esteemed Contributor

Corporate utilized a loophole after baiting the OP with the $40 offer which it had no intention of honoring.  I hope QVC makes it right for the OP and other customers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Odd man out here.

The OP HAD a QVC account previously.  The credit is for NEW customers.  OP is NOT new, so does not qualify.  Sorry, but those are the facts.

I actually would feel a bit embarrassed to come here and admit I didn't qualify and then complain the rules should be adjusted just for me.

I don't care how long ago it was...the offer was for first time Card holders.  I agree w/ the previous poster...QVC would be opening up the door for a lot of fraud with ppl who would close and reopen.

Hardly utilizIng a 'Corporate loophole'.  It is a term and condition of the offer!  No luring, no baiting...just possibly the OP not understanding who qualifies.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Corporate utilized a loophole after baiting the OP with the $40 offer which it had no intention of honoring.  I hope QVC makes it right for the OP and other customers.

@qbetzforreal  Hmmmm, I don't get that conclusion at all.  How was the OP baited?  Most people either know if they would be a new account holder, and if they are not sure, they would find out.  I know if I once had a Qcard years ago, I would first ask if I was eligible for the $40 so there was no expectation on my part.  

She thought she would qualify, but she didn't since new defined by QVC apparently means "ever."  That's perfectly understandable.  The OP made a mistake.  Why should QVC make an exception? 

I can imagine the complications if new includes accounts closed 10+years ago are accepted.  Then the hoard of 9+ year closed accounts would not be eligible -- where is the line drawn?