Valued Contributor

How to STOP banner that keeps popping up?

Does anyone know how to stop that stupid banner that keeps popping up every 5 seconds on the QVC page today??  I can't even get it to stop long enough for me to place my order in the cart let alone place the order!  Crazy! It just totally covers my page black & I can't do anything till I close it & when I then try to place my order it pops up & takes my page away!  I give up!  Maybe it will save me some money alright by not allowing me to place any orders!  Just crazy!!  Who's bright idea was this??

Contributor

Re: How to STOP banner that keeps popping up?

I guess you could always just call your order in, but I agree!!  It's driving me crazy too!!

Honored Contributor

@Lovemyboots

Set your browser to block ads.

Install an ad blocker.  Most are free. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac - Unfortunately, this seems to be a style of ad that's built into the website coding; it isn't actually a separate dialog box/window—it loads on top of each page view. I have pop-up blocking enabled in my web browser and also have another ad blocker installed, but the Q's promo nonsense appears to be immune to them. FUN.

Valued Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Mz iMac - Unfortunately, this seems to be a style of ad that's built into the website coding; it isn't actually a separate dialog box/window—it loads on top of each page view. I have pop-up blocking enabled in my web browser and also have another ad blocker installed, but the Q's promo nonsense appears to be immune to them. FUN.

Yes my husband has a pop up/ad blocker installed on my laptop. It does nothing for that annoying one from QVC.  I wanted to read the reviews on something today & no way it just kept blocking me. So I finally left & just turned computer off. Then just now I tried to pull up the product page again & it immedeately blocked me again to where I could not read or control my page. It has went past being annoying for me already.

Respected Contributor

More playing around with the website by IT.  They need to settle down and work on the actual problems instead of messing with the site. 

IT get the message and quit playing around.  I can see them with their heads together trying to think of what to do next to annoy us!  They must have a game going to see who can come up the winner in the annoyance factor.

There are actually two new additions in the way of what we are trying to see - the banner at the top of the screen and the popup when you are look at items about See more trending I forget exactly what it says, but as I was trying to look at New today, everytime I click on an item, that message with an arrow came up and covered what I was trying to look at/read description.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A tip for conquering the popup temporarily: In many cases, I find that if I place my cursor in an empty white space on the screen outside the popup (just an area where you won't be inadvertently clicking a linked word or icon) and click twice, it makes the popup go away and stay away while I'm on a specific page. It often comes back when I navigate to another item or section, but this approach seems to be more effective than clicking the "X" to close the popup. Good luck!

Edited to add: If the popup you're battling is the "Special Offers and Finds" floating tab at the bottom of the screen, what I've described will not work. Your only option is clicking the inverted caret ( \/ ) icon on the right side of the tab to minimize that piece to a chunky line instead of a tile menu and a blackened screen. Sigh.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been so annoyed about the specials pop up and black screen that I e mailed QVC several weeks ago. It stopped for awhile but now is back. I e mailed twice yesterday it did it 8 times in 15 minutes and I was going to the mall! They are keeping us from shopping and it'd QVC generated. 

They suggest going to technical issues under Frequently asked questions but there is no such option. Then they say to check with my internet service provider.. Ha! It's not their fault!

Today I found several items for Christmas at Tuesday Morning, and the new Big Lots. Plus there's no shipping.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only thing I've been seeing that might be called a banner or pop-up is this black bar at the bottom of the screen with the message "Special Offers and Finds."   

I see it when I use Safari on my iPad 3 or iPad 6 -- both have the most current iOS (I added the red arrow to point it out):

45846AE9-9462-42F3-93D6-1A2C4BE82FCB.jpeg

I don't tap/click on the up-arrow on the black bar, so it remains small and doesn't keep me from scrolling up and down on the page to see everything.   

On my iMac (with Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers, all software the current versions) I don't even see this black bar since I use ad blocking addons/extensions.

Is there another banner or pop-up that others are seeing?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo  That "Special Offers & Finds" arrow bar is there, but earlier it was also accompanied by darkening the entire page so you could not see what you were looking at behind it. Not blackening out the page, just making it dark so that the only thing you could really see is that special offers banner.

For me, it occurred for a few hours only, then it stopped after all the here.  I have to believe that was indeed a mistake by the IT folks, but it's gone now.

I don't like the special offers tab that's still there, but it's not intrusive, we just have to merely scroll up to see what you need to see on the page.