Valued Contributor

How many days do you have to wait to report missing package & get refund??

I thought I read somewhere that if you don't get your package in a certain amount of time from ship date you can request a replacement or refund? I can't seem to find anything on it so thought I might find out from someone here. TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How many days do you have to wait to report missing package & get refund??

If I think package is over due..........I alert customer service so I don't get charged if it never shows up.  The sooner the better I say....they can put a tracer on it.

Honored Contributor

A few years ago a customer service rep told me that they give it two weeks after the EDD before issuing a refund or replacement. I don't know if this is "company policy".  Often the answer depends on which CS rep you get.

Honored Contributor

@Lovemyboots. Have you checked the tracking to get a clue as to where it might be?  One of mine sat at the USPS local for one week.  I call their 800 number which seemed to have jolted them into action as it's out for delivery today.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lovemyboots. Have you checked the tracking to get a clue as to where it might be?  One of mine sat at the USPS local for one week.  I call their 800 number which seemed to have jolted them into action as it's out for delivery today.

They do updated tracking on it every couple of days, but it has came into our town twice, stayed here 2 days & went back to another state & now it is sitting there. When I try to get another update on delivery it says no info available. That one is from HSN & I contacted CS & they said give it till Friday if not here then they will refund money. But I ordered something else from HSN last FRIDAY & from Sephora & UPS just delivered both of them just now!  I always get anything coming UPS within just a few days. Anything going sure post or mail innovations is just a toss of the dice as to whether you will ever get it!

Valued Contributor

@Lovemyboots wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

They do updated tracking on it every couple of days, but it has came into our town twice, stayed here 2 days & went back to another state & now it is sitting there. When I try to get another update on delivery it says no info available. That one is from HSN & I contacted CS & they said give it till Friday if not here then they will refund money. But I ordered something else from HSN last FRIDAY & from Sephora & UPS just delivered both of them just now!  I always get anything coming UPS within just a few days. Anything going sure post or mail innovations is just a toss of the dice as to whether you will ever get it!

Order from QVC is tracking again but it also came to our town left then went to another town north of us, then they sent it to a town south of us & last time that happened it shipped out to the west coast!! So who knows!! If it isn't here by Friday I will call for a refund & try to find it locally!  Wd never trust them sending a replacement & going thru this aggravation again!!

Honored Contributor

I've had that happen to me several times and if I recall it's 12 or 14  days before CS could do anything about it. They know when an item is lost.

Contributor

I had a frustrating experience with that recently.  I had ordered two of the same item and the package came with only one.  I called CS and they said I'd have to wait a certain number of days (maybe 14?) to see if the package showed up.  I pointed out that I had received the order slip saying they shipped 2 items in the package and I only got one, so there woudln't be  a second package, but they insiisted on wiating.

So I waited the required number of days and called back with the same story - my shipping label said there were 2 and I only got 1.  The new rep said "that's still in stock, we can send you the second one".  So I waited another week or so and the replacement showed up - only they had charged me for the replacement. 

At that point I just gave up,