Contributor

How many customers thinking or have left QVC.

I have been with QVC since the very start. Seen hosts come and go. QVC had such unique items. There customer service was once outstanding and delivery time took seven days or less. You could always count on QVC and you never wanted to miss a program. Now...boy oh boy,it seems it's the same items and they seem to jam the TSV down the customers throat talking about it for a half hour or so. Four items presented in a one hour show. Boring? What happens to quality control? Why is shipping and handling high like on a Dooney and Burk hand bag I liked but twelve dollare s&h? What? Susan Graver got to expensive Kim Gravels clothing never makes it to my front porch. I find QVC pricing is not the lowest either. To much Susan Graver who will say anything to sell her way over price items and to much LOGO slemub wear that is over priced. Will not be ordering any more from QVC. How many feel the same and I wonder how many already left as customers. Thank you for reading.
Honored Contributor

Re: How many customers thinking or have left QVC.

[ Edited ]

Staying -  haven't run into the shipping-delivery obstacles.

Do as much of my shopping locally as I can, but that's always been true and that's what I'll return to as it becomes possible.

Just have no reason to quit QVC entirely.

ETA -  If you want someone to read such a long post, it's polite as well as correct to organize into paragraphs.   I did not read anything but the first line and the last.  More than enough.

Frequent Contributor

I agree.  I've been watching for over 25 years and things are not the same.  Do you remember when the host sold the merchandise?  These days they have Designers and "Brand Ambassadors" on just about every show.  This wouldn't be so bad if these people were not super annoying.  (not all but some are so bad I switch off before I hear their voice)  And these days of Skype and video calls are even more annoying.

Add to that the seriously high price of "designer" clothing and what I call "expensive Chinese handbags".  ( I have a friend that has tons of them and I tease her every time I get the chance)

Not to mention the serious drop in customer service.  (This is where a super fan jumps in and defends QVC because we are in crisis mode)

I have not purchased anything in three months.  I try to find better options and lower prices if  possible.  But then I still watch out of habit but not nearly as much.  Hoping for a return to better days.

Honored Contributor

People get angry over their CS problems and swear they'll never shop again and before you know it, they're back.

I'm just sorry QVC isn't more transparent about it's problems, making the customer a partner rather than an adversary.  There have been good reasons for all the things that have happened but people can't sympathize if they don't know about them, especially when we're in a "we're all in this together" frame of mind.  I hope the next CEO makes a good communications VP a priority.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I was spending a lot at the Q but haven't been interested lately.  I haven't tuned in for the past 2 weeks.  I haven't made a purchase in a month but maybe if they had a free shipping day I might consider shopping again.

Trusted Contributor

If I had left QVC, I wouldn't be here to see your question! 

I'll never understand the concept, of being so unhappy, with a company, that you won't do business with them, but, you want to participate, in their message boards? 

I've always been a very occasional shopper, and viewer. I only watch, if I'm interested, in what's on, so, if they have a full day of home improvements, chances are, I won't be watching, but that's OK.

My experiences, as a customer, have been positive..If they hadn't been, I would have moved on.  

Super Contributor

My thought exactly!    If anyone on these boards had officially quit the Q, they wouldn't be hanging around on these boards! 

Esteemed Contributor

I have shopped more with The Q since the beginning of the pandemic. Because I am home more, I am shopping more, and loving every minute of it.😁 I cannot wait to see what Valerie has to offer tonight.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Trusted Contributor

i was never a heavy heavy shopper with QVC but I do some shopping.  i have no desire to "QUIT" QVC.    Sure some things bug but in the end I still watch the shows I want to watch and buy the things I want to buy. 

If I am in a hurry for something, I don't buy from the Q but quite frankly if I am in a hurry for something (and I cannot remember the last time that happened)  I would probably shop with one of the other major online retailers where I pay for prime delivery and use it often (and even then quite frankly there is no guarantee.

Like I said, I have shows and hosts that I really enjoy watching and items I still enjoy buying..  

I do laugh at the people who say I am QUITTING or I QUIT QVC but then still come here to complain.

If you are truly quitting, in my opinion Quit entirely including the forums.  

Respected Contributor

I’m not quitting the Q but I’m taking a break from ordering until shipping and returning/exchanging doesn’t take so long.  I know the Q is transitioning fo a new warehouse/fulfillment center plus dealing with the pandemic which is affecting shipping and returns but hopefully at least the transition to a new warehouse will be complete at some point and shipping will return to somewhat normal here as it has many other online retailers.