Regular Contributor

How long does it take for mods to APPROVE an image on my account??? +++

I uploaded 2 pics of my cutie pie Shih Tzu, to use as my avatar. I did this a few days ago. They still say pending approval. ??

How long does this process take exactly? Lol

Honored Contributor

Re: How long does it take for mods to APPROVE an image on my account??? +++

Wow, I had no idea new avatars had to go through an approval process. I added mine the first week and haven't really changed it since. I guess I'll just keep it forever if changing it is going to be a hassle.

QVC Social Team

@Wannabeincali wrote:

I uploaded 2 pics of my cutie pie Shih Tzu, to use as my avatar. I did this a few days ago. They still say pending approval. ??

Hello @Wannabeincali - Your photos should upload right away. When I took a look, your photos are marked private. I'm thinking that is why they are not uploading. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Eva!

Well I DO see my pics under my PROFILE menu. The message next to each pic says IMAGE IS PENDING APPROVAL. The did upload. I am new to the forum, so not sure were to change privacy settings. I will search and post back.

Thankst

EDIT...

Ok. I give up. Lol

WHERE do I change Image Privacy Settings????

I cannot find it. I am on a tablet. Maybe those settings are not accessible to me? Do I need to do it from my pc??

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Yay! I managed to get my cutie pie as my avatar! I found a way to upload directly from my tablet vs the other uploaded images! I never found the Privacy Settings though. Please let me know how to access them.

Thanks a bunch! ☺

Honored Contributor

@Wannabeincali

Just wanted to say that your cutie pie Shih Tzu is so cute!Heart

Male/female? Name?

Just adorable!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Wannabeincali

Male/female? Name?

Just adorable!

@KingstonsMom

Hi! Smiley Happy

Thanks so much! Her name is Sedona! We named her that because she was red as a puppy, and she had a HUGE personality. My husband said she reminded him of the red boulders in Sedona, AZ. As she has aged, she has become blonde (just as I have, haha). Onky she did it naturally.  She is 15 yo. She was 12 yo in the pic I use for my avatar. I had her in full coat back then. I finally cut her down after that. I hated to do it, but it was easier on her and on my wrists! Lol. I have a pic I took of her just this past Feb, in my profile. I think you can view it there? She's modeling her denim colored sweater for me, haha. And she now sports a bob, for a haircut. ;p

Your pittie is gorgeous! He? She? Name? Age? Backstory? Smiley Happy

Thanks again for the sweet compliments on my furbaby!!

Honored Contributor

@Wannabeincali wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Wannabeincali

Male/female? Name?

Just adorable!

@KingstonsMom

Hi! Smiley Happy

Thanks so much! Her name is Sedona! We named her that because she was red as a puppy, and she had a HUGE personality. My husband said she reminded him of the red boulders in Sedona, AZ. As she has aged, she has become blonde (just as I have, haha). Onky she did it naturally.  She is 15 yo. She was 12 yo in the pic I use for my avatar. I had her in full coat back then. I finally cut her down after that. I hated to do it, but it was easier on her and on my wrists! Lol. I have a pic I took of her just this past Feb, in my profile. I think you can view it there? She's modeling her denim colored sweater for me, haha. And she now sports a bob, for a haircut. ;p

Your pittie is gorgeous! He? She? Name? Age? Backstory? Smiley Happy

Thanks again for the sweet compliments on my furbaby!!

@Wannabeincali

You're very welcome, the compliment to Sedona is well deserved!Heart

It's funny, I have a granddaughter, a black lab, named Arizona!

My avatar is Kingston, my handsome boy that we rescued Christmas eve of 2015!

We had lost our last 2 furbabies, a Sheltie and a mini Aussie, 5 & 6 years before and I had pretty much decided that I couldn't handle another loss and we wouldn't get another dog.

Enter Kingston! He was picked up by our local animal control and someone had either poured caustic chemicals or something flammable down his back and set him on fire, causing severe burns down his back.

Animal control was going to euthanize him because of his breed, the severity of the burns and the expense to treat them, when a rescue group pulled him out and had his burns treated.

When I read his story, my heart broke and I knew we were destined to show him that all humans aren't mean and cruel and we adopted him!

The animal rescue who saved him was called One Love Animal Rescue and

'One Love' was the name of of one of Bob Marley's (reggae singer) biggest hit songs.

Since Bob Marley was from Kingston, Jamaica , I decided on Kingston for his name.

He's just the most loving, smart boy and the best Christmas present ever! You'd never know from his temperament that he was so horrifically abused.

He still has scarring down his back from the deeper burns which will never go away, but he's still a handsome guy to us!

Thank you for the compliment to him too!Heart 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Oh nooooo!  Smiley Sad  That is such a horrible thing to have happened to Kingston. Honestly, I cannot believe how much cruelty is done to these innocent creatures. It make my blood just boil. Thank G*D though that he was so lucky to have gotten you to take him in and give him a loving home!  He is such a handsome boy! I loved looking at the pics in your album. Smiley Happy

Hopefully we will run into each other again on the various boards. I just recently started posting here. So funny that your grandpup's name is Arizona! 

Honored Contributor

@Eva-QVC wrote:

@Wannabeincali wrote:

Hello @Wannabeincali - Your photos should upload right away. When I took a look, your photos are marked private. I'm thinking that is why they are not uploading. 

@Eva-QVC, I mark all of my photos "hidden" as I upload them, and they show as "private" in my Profile, but they all post wherever I put them, so I don't think that's it.

Sometimes they take awhile to upload because of file size and/or slow internet, and sometimes they're too big (QVC's software has an image size limit) and I have to resize them before they'll come through. But avatar pics are tiny, so ?? about that specifically.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all