Esteemed Contributor
Accepted Solution

How is "speculation" a violation of the rules of this forum?

I see a post (which I did not have the chance to read) was removed and the reason given was "speculation." 

Where in the rules does it say we're not allowed to speculate? 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Re: How is "speculation" a violation of the rules of this forum?

It is QVC's board they can do what they want.  End of story.  Learn from what goes on and what tone they allow and don't allow.

Honored Contributor

It depends on what we're speculating on. Most of those "speculating" posts are about the personal lives of the hosts and should be deleted.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

I see a post (which I did not have the chance to read) was removed and the reason given was "speculation." 

Agreed . . . isn't "speculation" the same as thinking and expressing your thoughts or opinion or "guessing" about something . . . or . . . . . maybe I'm guilty of "speculation" too  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

Agreed . . . isn't "speculation" the same as thinking and expressing your thoughts or opinion or "guessing" about something . . . or . . . . . maybe I'm guilty of "speculation" too  Woman LOL

I've never seen a post deleted for speculating on things like when the next Clarsonic TSV might, what colors Dooney might come up with next, whether something will be restocked, or what the next WEN seasonal will be, etc.

I see posts deleted for speculating on which hosts might be pregnant.

Those are all speculation, but one is inappropriate and the others are not.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Isn't this the silliest board you have ever chatted on ?????

So many rules ,it is a wonder anyone,including myself even try to say something. ....and those names they  "bestow" on us,Trusted ,Honored,Esteemed,ect...........

Do we all really  enjoy being treated like a child and accept being monitored so closely? I understand this is ,"THE Q's"  board,but come on QVC, get real!!!!  We are all adults here!

This reply will self destruct or maybe I should say," be destructed", by the Q's  board monitors as soon as it is spotted!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually I agree it is not  right to insult someone but some posts  that get deleted ,like politics  and things like that ..well........

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Well, I would guess when the "speculation" involves a possible pregnancy, nose job, face lift, weight gain/loss.........and other "personal" things, it would (and should) be off-limits.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Maybe it was more about who it was about. The Temptation vendor. 

Contributor

Because "speculation" often equates to catty gossip. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Isn't this the silliest board you have ever chatted on ?????

So many rules ,it is a wonder anyone,including myself even try to say something. ....and those names they  "bestow" on us,Trusted ,Honored,Esteemed,ect...........

Do we all really  enjoy being treated like a child and accept being monitored so closely? I understand this is ,"THE Q's"  board,but come on QVC, get real!!!!  We are all adults here!

This reply will self destruct or maybe I should say," be destructed", by the Q's  board monitors as soon as it is spotted!

I totally agree!
I feel like a child when I post here.
No opinions allowed, no adult conversations, no critique ever!
I rarely post.

That's how we roll in the shire..