How do you get $40 for getting a new Q card???

QVC sent me an email this morning to apply for a QCard and use it for a purchase before 4/28 and receive $40 credit. Now I am told that I cannot use the card til I receive it in the mail. This is the second time I have to cancel my card with QVC and what a hassle. Don't apply thinking you will get a $40 credit because you won't. Shame on you QVC for false advertising.
UPDATE QVC asked me to email them so they could help. They were not able to help of course.

Valued Contributor

Re: How do you get $40 for getting a new Q card???

[ Edited ]

@kadiddler wrote:

QVC sent me an email this morning to apply for a QCard and use it for a purchase before 4/28 and receive $40 credit. Now I am told that I cannot use the card til I receive it in the mail. This is the second time I have to cancel my card with QVC and what a hassle. Don't apply thinking you will get a $40 credit because you won't. Shame on you QVC for false advertising.
UPDATE QVC asked me to email them so they could help. They were not able to help of course.

@kadiddler That makes no sense.  Why do you have to wait for the physical card?  Once you are approved for the card you should be able to use it immediately online to make a purchase and then down the line you get the $40 credit.  I'd follow up on this if I were you, something is wrong.  Did you email the QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com about this?  By the way are you just applying because of the $40 credit?  Why have you had to cancel your QVC card twice, doesn't make you look good when a credit report is pulled. 

Respected Contributor

I keep getting that pop up but am not in the least interested.  From what I read too much of a hassle to actually get the credit; don't need another credit card; and use the cards I have to get cash back.  Not tempted by the Q's offer.

Esteemed Contributor

Major hassle, I consider it false advertising, a type of scam almost. I refuse to fall for it and then get nothing.

Respected Contributor

I opened one up in Nov. 2018. Next day made a purchase. The credit is then 

available. Check with someone else. Just watch because the credit has

a short period and then that will expire if not used.

Your card or numbers should be valid immediately. No you don't have to wait to

get it in the mail @kadiddler 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

the $40 credit is NOT a credit on the credit card.

the credit shows up on your qvc.com account in approximately 4-8 weeks.

if you check out you will see the credit available for you to use on any purchase. all you have to do is check the box and it will apply to your order.

make sure to read the fine print on the offer.

did you check your qvc account to see if the card is showing up there under your credit cards?

https://qvc.scene7.com/is/image/QVC/pic/ap/sq1_right_QcardBenefitsPage_20190427.jpg?qlt=95,1

"I would prefer even to to fail with honor than win by cheating." - Sophocles