Honored Contributor

Re: How convenient, another web site glitch

I tried to place an order from my phone it was going good until I hit process order then I was told there was an error and to call.  Ebates has 7% today if I call I won't get the rebate.  This is insane!! 

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I tried to place an order from my phone it was going good until I hit process order then I was told there was an error and to call.  Ebates has 7% today if I call I won't get the rebate.  This is insane!! 

Good point @Pecky 

I use Ebates too. So phone ordering wasn't going to let people get their discounts from those kinds of sites.

Also, this isn't 1990 anymore. Most of us don't just watch and order what we see presented in any given program. 

We are taking advantage of the thousands and thousands of things listed online to choose from on this site. 

No more just watching a Temp-tations show and ordering just what they are presenting, but going online and looking at the entire line (of this or any other products Q is selling) to choose exactly what we might be interested in, not just the few things they show over and over on air. 

They lost a ton of sales last night. And maybe this morning if others are having problems still.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BrandiDavis  @Mominohio  @stevieb  etc.  All websites have the capacity of being overloaded and melting down.  As I recall, this happened to Amazon during one of their July Prime days.  It has happened to other "super sites" too.  I don't recall disgruntled customers accusing them of fraud, however.  That's a serious accusation and should never be made without proof, of which there is none.

If I thought I'd been mistreated, I'd call CS with shopping list in hand and tell them I'd been unable to place an order and ask that they honor last night's incentives.  I don't know if they will but I do know hysterical accusations won't help.  Let us know how it goes.

@Kachina624  Just to be clear, I did not and have not accused anyone of 'fraud'. I have, however, consistently pointed out that QVC's website is and has long been a weak link. While there is no doubt that other retail websites occasionally have meltdowns, this one can be counted on to do so with regularity. No hysterical accusations here, merely an observation that for a major retail entity their website pretty much stinks... No need to let you (not us, but you...) know how it goes, as I have no plan to call and request an instant replay. As was noted, I wasn't shopping last night, I was trying to browse, but couldn't manage to do even that. I see the site is back up today but note no explanation or, heaven forbid, apology. Perhaps those justifiably ticked off that they couldn't access the rare promotion on offer will be filling you in later on their success or lack thereof to have QVC address the issue... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

I just checked today, no more free shipping and some of their prices went up again.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Ladies, I feel safe in assuming that if the more 'didactic'... among us had encountered these ridiculous glitches when they wanted to shop their commentary would be far different... I suspect we'd see a bit more ire and a bit less 'holier than thou'...  

Woman Surprised Woman Wink

@stevieb. I'm  surprised at your pettiness; your true colors emerge

@Kachina624  And I was surprised at your somewhat 'preachy' and accusatory tone toward fellow posters frustrated by a situation not of their own making, so I suppose we both are seeing sides of each other we hadn't anticipated... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

You've had all week-end; why did you wait until the last minute?  I did my shopping last night and this morning with no problem.

I can't believe you people.

@Mominohio.  "I mean really QVC, this is happening every time you have a big event."

When?  Every time?

@Kachina624, well good for you.  I love how people are so stuck in their own little bubble that they think everyone else is in the same position they are.  

I was out of town from Thursday afternoon until yesterday evening and had zero cell phone service at all.  I came home last night, found out about the event, tried to search and order and couln't do a thing.

I can guarantee had this happened to you, you would be complaining about the fact that you couldn't order.