Trusted Contributor

Re: How convenient, another web site glitch

@ILTH, thanks!!!! I'll take all the ❤'s I can get, LOL! Just hope that QVC recognizes how frustrating this has been for people and extends their free shipping offer!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

BTW:  here's the explanation of the 500 error:

"The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is."

There's nothing wrong with anyone's PC or other device.  The Q's servers couldn't handle the volume of traffic most likely.  (Nothing new there!)

Regular Contributor

Oh looky! It’s working now......Sheesh. 😡

Trusted Contributor

Imagine that! Well, folks, when you decide online what you would like to purchase, call Customer Service to place your order and firmly, but nicely, tell them that you wish to take advantage of the free shipping that you could not get online earlier. Maybe they will do the right thing and honor your request for free shipping (due to all the frustration and INconveience you have been going through). Worth a try! Just a suggestion....
Honored Contributor

I just tried to buy something I wanted that still said "free S&H".  Put it in my cart and the S&H was added in.  No sale!

I won't waste my time phoning them.  I'll find what I want somewhere else.

Valued Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I just tried to buy something I wanted that still said "free S&H".  Put it in my cart and the S&H was added in.  No sale!

I won't waste my time phoning them.  I'll find what I want somewhere else.

It's pathetic huh? It's working fine now, go figure!

~ Hope in TN ~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis  @Mominohio  @stevieb  etc.  All websites have the capacity of being overloaded and melting down.  As I recall, this happened to Amazon during one of their July Prime days.  It has happened to other "super sites" too.  I don't recall disgruntled customers accusing them of fraud, however.  That's a serious accusation and should never be made without proof, of which there is none.

If I thought I'd been mistreated, I'd call CS with shopping list in hand and tell them I'd been unable to place an order and ask that they honor last night's incentives.  I don't know if they will but I do know hysterical accusations won't help.  Let us know how it goes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Ladies, I feel safe in assuming that if the more 'didactic'... among us had encountered these ridiculous glitches when they wanted to shop their commentary would be far different... I suspect we'd see a bit more ire and a bit less 'holier than thou'...  

Woman Surprised Woman Wink

@stevieb. I'm  surprised at your pettiness; your true colors emerge

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

i tried searching for a few things i wanted and the website wouldn't work. therefore i wasn't able to take advantage of the free shipping and easypay. qvc should extent their free shipping to another day to make up to those of us that got screwed.i ended up having to buy something after midnight when everything was back to normal. disappointed to be sure.

Honored Contributor

It's 8:42 am Eastern time and I'm just now back on, and I still get the same error code as last night. 

Some said it was up and working about 8 hours ago, but evidently it still isn't right. 

This is so ridiculous from such a big and established company.