Honored Contributor

Re: How can you still sell Vitamix?

I got my Vitamix from QVC about 6 years ago.  I use it every day.  When the class action suit came out, I sent in my information as stated in the guidelines.  When it was settled, I received a voucher to use for any Vitamix product.  I purchased the dry container and saved a nice chunk of change.

I cannot speak to your experience, but mine was excellent! 

Honored Contributor

Mine isn't scheduled to be sent for the repair until September, 2019.  Lucky if I have it back by November.  Disappointed in Vitamix.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

To answer your question, they sell it because it is a fantastic product. My experience with Vitamix is different from yours. I love mine. My Vitamix gets used almost daily. Never had a problem. Have had mine for over 8 years. It is a work horse and continues to be so. If and when this Vitamix ever dies, I'll be getting another. I did not purchase mine from QVC. I worked in a cooking store many years ago. They were giving special pricing to discontinued colors and my discount from the store made it to good to pass up. I had wanted one for a while. Good pricing deal and fantastic item.

Respected Contributor

There was a class action lawsuit against Chaz Dean about his Wen products, they did not stop selling them on QVC. It was widely publicized.  Apparently it's not a dealbreaker.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have not heard anzthing about the Vitamix class action lawsuit, I will have to check if my unit is involved.

I do know that I had a problem with mine (it was not changing speeds) and I sent it to the company and they serviced it no problem.

Frequent Contributor

I have a Vitamix and haven't had any trouble. WEN had a huge class action lawsuit and they still sell his products. I'm sure there are factors involved we're not aware of.