Valued Contributor

How can you still sell Vitamix?

[ Edited ]

If you've been following the Class Action news- this company does not care about it's customers. First denying my unit which DID qualify- then asking for new pictures and info (which I bought from QVC in the first place and sent them a copy of the order-- and then to be notified that I have to be in a queque and have to wait until JULY 2019 to get notified when to send back my unit for repair -- then after not using it ALL this time in the first place- and to wait until they DO replace and send back- OR to give a "gift certificate for $70 AND it can't be used for anything more that a new "container" that you will have to ADD money to because all are MORE than $70. You should not be dealing with this company at all if you care about YOUR customers!

Honored Contributor

Re: How can you still sell Vitamix?

So sorry for your toubles. I have had the Vitamix I bought from the Q for almost 6 years, use it everyday, sometimes twice a day and it's still chugging along. I don't think anyone has ever posted that they sent back a Vitamix to the company. If your appliance is still under warranty maybe the Q would just replace your Vitamix instead of all this bad commentary.

Honored Contributor

So you had to send in your Vitamix to have the blade assembly changed? I thought they would ship it out with the black plastic wrench you need to get the old one off with so customers could change it?

I don't know how they could deny your claim if it had date required stamped on it. I think it was a date or some other number.

I love my Vitamix. I opted for the gift card so I could buy a new container. I knew I would have to pay the difference. The other option was for a new blade assembly.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99   Unfortunately, the Q won't do anything after the 30 days.  The warranty means you have to deal with the manufacturer, with whom she is already having problems. 

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde  I have had the Q replace a bread machine and a humidifier that were way past the 30 days, but still under warranty.

Honored Contributor

I got my Vitamix last summer and love it! Although I haven't used it as much during the winter, I certainly use it a lot during the warmer months. Even made soup with it, which was delicious!

Have used the extra container for mixing stuff like dough only a few times. Does an outstanding job for me.

Respected Contributor

So, I have a question.  What is this problem with the Vitamix?  I have had one for about 4 years and have not had a problem.  Are they selecting only a certain model or are they all having a problem?   I have not not received any information asking me to send anything back to them or that there is a problem.  I just bought one for a wedding gift also.  Should I send it back?

Honored Contributor

Don't know what is going on, but a company should stand by their products.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Respected Contributor

@nomless    Thanks.