Esteemed Contributor

Re: How To Return For Misrepresentation In Description Of Product

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree @Q4u I just wanted to follow up with this thread as I received an email from Kim who is a moderator on these forums!

I had originally posted this thread as it has come to my attention from @Q4u that these were not canvas bags as the description had stated and I did not want this item if they were not canvas, Wayne originally replied.

Just this morning I had not yet received my credit and posted on this thread again, and Kim emailed me, I emailed her back and she credited my account without even having the item returned yet, and she mentioned that she is sending a note to the department who is in charge of descriptions, so hopefully with her taking this extra step the description will be changed to make it more clear to us the consumers.

What I also want to mention is that since discovering these forums I have received 

EXCELLENT Customer Service, Beth Wayne & now Kim went above and beyond to help me solve the problems I have been faced with, I think they deserve to be recognized for a job well done!

I for one have been quick to point out the wrong with QVC, but I also want to the one who points out the "GOOD" also, I worked with the public for many many years and I can attest to the fact it is not an easy job by any means, so WELL DONE QVC MODERATORS ON THESE FORUMS, and most of all THANK YOU!

Honored Contributor

@Kim-QVC wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

@Kim-QVC wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

@Q4u I am assuming you returned your non-canvas bags, have you received your credit yet?

i sent mine back nearly two weeks ago and no credit for me yet, and I did call QVC ahead of time to alert them that they were being returned.

I was just wondering as I have not returned anything in awhile so I cannot remember how long it takes, I am going to have the 2nd Easy Pay due before they credit me, a bit frustrating!

Hi @CareBears I apologize that the description for this item was incorrect. I have forwarded it to the buyers for research. I have also sent an email to you regarding the return of your order. thank you for posting and shopping with us! ~Kim

Thank you for caring enough to ask, I know I speak for everyone here that we appreciate the Mods sincere interest!

I DID get a refund, but even with talking to (total) two CS people AND writing on my return slip please credit my return shipping and when I noticed my return amount.... return shipping was still subtracted from my total.

I called again and spoke to another CS rep explaining what happened and she looked at my account and credited it..... which I saw in my account almost immediately.

It was harder than it should be and if customers are not paying attention and are not on top of it, what should be happening automatically or with one call to CS.... won't happen.  It's disappointing.  Woman Sad

HI @Q4u - I'm very sorry that this item was misrepresented and caused the return of the product. I also apologize that follow up calls were needed to complete the transaction. Returning an item is inconvenient enough for our customers but to have to follow up on the refund is an added step in the process and for that I apologize. I have sent this to our customer feedback team. Please don't hesitate to contact us at the Social Team if we can ever assist. Thank you for posting and shopping with us, Kim.

Thank you Kim, you all (on the Social Team) have been wonderful to us and we appreciate it very much.

After all these years, I still enjoy QVC.  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

For the record, on June 3, 2017, the description of these bags reads:

Your garb needs proper storage every time you transition from season to season. This SuperPack set equips you with six jumbo canvas totes: each with an air-tight, water-resistant jumbo compression bag and the ability to hold up to 40 pounds. You'll also receive two additional compression bags, for a total of eight. Slide the bags under your bed or stack the totes in a closet--either way, your clothes will be safely stowed until their next season. From SuperPack.

• Includes six jumbo totes, six jumbo compression bags, one medium compression bag, one larger compression bag, six contents cards, and instructions
  • Totes: stackable design, clear windows, handles; each holds up to 40 lbs
  • Compression bags: air-tight, water-resistant
  • For indoor use only
  • Measurements: Jumbo totes 26"L x 20"W x 10"H; Jumbo compression bags 43"W x 39"H x 17"D; Large compression bag 32-3/4"L x 21-1/2"W; Medium compression bag 27-1/4"L x 17-1/2"W
  • Wipe clean with damp cloth
  • 5-year compression bag Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
  • Imported

The only clue that you're getting PLASTIC, which is NOT CANVAS, is in the line in the bulleted list, "Wipe clean with a damp cloth." You can't do that with canvas.

"Polyester canvas" would connote something like the LV material, a heavy cloth fabric base impregnated with a plastic. It would not suggest something that's simply made of unwoven, noncloth plastic. If the product IS some kind of woven material that would be defined in this galaxy as "canvas," the copy needs to detail it.

Between things like this, the continued misrepresentation over the glitter in IT "illumination" products, and the fact that QVC continues to sell the garbage cookware known as Greenpans, I'm starting to think their definitions of "Quality" and "Value" are also a bit fungible.

I read that "clue" as well but assumed they were only talking about the plastic bags you vacuum the air from.... since they are described as "Canvas" from the very start!

The descriptions need to be extremely accurate because the customers only have the TV and the written copy on line to go by and can't touch, feel and evaluate the product in person.

If the employees plugging this information into the computers are too young to know true definitions or understand exactly what they are writing, then there needs to be someone doing this (or providing the copy) that absolutely does know!  It's imperative to QVC's business. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

You haven't received your bags yet, so you don't actually know if they are canvas or not.  You can't believe everything people say in reviews or on this board.  If indeed, the bags are not canvas, I would call customer service and ask them to look at the description that says "canvas".  Explain that you don't want the bags because the description was incorrect and and how you can return them without paying a return shipping.  If the cs rep you speak with cannot help you, ask for a supervisor and remind them that you are not at fault.   

@chrystaltree, I didn't start this particular thread, but I started a thread the day I received my order and @CareBears was on that thread with me.  

They are NOT canvas, they are made of a material similar to the plastic-y grocery bags you can buy for a couple of dollars.  I had them to the post office the next day but not before talking to two CS reps.  The first one said she would make a notation but I found out later she didn't.  The second time I called (I had a feeling), I asked for that rep to double check for me.  She said she left a notation and for me to also make a notation on my return slip.  Well.... I got the refund but my return shipping was not part of it!  So I called again~!  This time the rep refunded my return shipping and it showed up in my account.  It took talking to 3 reps and leaving a notation on the return slip to get the return shipping refund!! This is something that should not require this level of supervision (nagging).....

Just wanted to let you know that this item is definitely not as described... Woman Frustrated