Occasional Contributor

Re: How Can A Supervisor Say "No One Know Anything"? RE: Microderm MD order

I am used to the QVC that you spoke of, when theres a small issue, their response is lets help fix that. and they always have, thats why this particular incident of attitude was literally shocking and response disheartening. They are what I had considered above average in all aspects.

Occasional Contributor

I do agree with your reply. But i also feel a massive corporation who digitally documenst every detail, shoudl at least have an idea what happened and why, then reply to waiting customers so they dont have to go through what I did to try to find out. no miracles, jsut an answer.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately if it's coming directly from the vendor, QVC will know about the same time you will know that it shipped.

If it's a computer, they often build to order.  I know that's how it worked with both of the Dells I have ordered from the Q.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@wby wrote:

I do agree with your reply. But i also feel a massive corporation who digitally documenst every detail, shoudl at least have an idea what happened and why, then reply to waiting customers so they dont have to go through what I did to try to find out. no miracles, jsut an answer.

@wby  I wholly agree with you.  In the past, QVC used to send out a notification if a product went to waist list.  You might have experienced that being a long time customer.  It gave the customer the opportunity to decide whether they wished to continue wait (believe it was 45 days) or cancel the order.

I don't know if they do that any longer.  But if they don't, they should as customer may wish to search elsewhere or select a different level of the product (ie., there are other Microderm MD models available.)

Even if the item is being mailed directly from the manufacturer, QVC has a responsibility to know what is going on to advise customers.  They may not be able to give you a date when the product will ship or become available but at least should be more responsive.

It is a real shame that the supervisor  made you feel "dismissed".  I am sorry you were treated that way.

Honored Contributor

The supervisor needs to learn how to communicate with the public which includes demonstrating empathy.  If he had shown you a little concern or made any effort to help, I think it would have helped the situation.  Even though he didn't have an explanation as to what happened with the order, his attitude is not customer-service worthy.  Why is he even a supervisor?

Honored Contributor

How does Customer Service work? It doesn't.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

The supervisor needs to learn how to communicate with the public which includes demonstrating empathy.  If he had shown you a little concern or made any effort to help, I think it would have helped the situation.  Even though he didn't have an explanation as to what happened with the order, his attitude is not customer-service worthy.  Why is he even a supervisor?

Sometimes, the customer is so upset that you cannot give them the answer they want to hear, that they aren't listening. 

No matter how polite and caring you are, they have shut you down and are short sighted.  You can apologize and show concern, but it doesn't matter.  If you are not saying the " right" thing, you can't make the customer happy.

i don't know if the Super had an uncaring attitude and neither do you.  We do know the OP is upset and we are getting one side to the story.

i was never a supervisor....never wanted that job, but whenever someone demanded a supervisor, I was the person they got....in person and on the phone.

I am a person who can stay calm while someone is screaming. You would be surprised how people act on the phone.  No matter what you say or do, if they don't get whatever it is they want, they are not happy.  Sometimes people are frustrated and just need to vent.

When they act that way, all you want to do is get them off of your phone and you shut down and don't listen to what they are saying and they don't hear what you are saying either.

i'd sure like to hear the recorded conversation between the OP and CS.  I'll bet you it was much different than we have all been told.

Honored Contributor

It seems to me the supervisor should have done some checking before giving his response that "no one knows."  

Perhaps he could have emailed other supervisors to ask whether they'd had similar comments of delay, or even tried to contact the Microderm company.

It doesn't sound as if any of that was done, and for him to dismiss it as a one-time problem without being sure is not what supervisors are capable of.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.