Occasional Contributor

How Can A Supervisor Say "No One Know Anything"? RE: Microderm MD order

After 3 deacdes of loving nearly every product and referring everyone I could to great items, I simply wanted to know, Why didn't my item ship when it was supposed to? It was writen on the Tv screen banner and repeated twice in show. It was ordered a month ago and come a month later= no word. Calls to CS were vague until LaToya made every effort to look into it and request a supervisor to call me (Thank You LaToya!) . That supervisor call back ...(sigh) said he "had No information, no one would have any information" and it "would not be escalated and should not have been to him" ... I felt like I was invisible. But it was turned around to "IF you wish to phrase it that way"... I didn't expect car salesman approach nor was it cutting it. This is not how QVC works, no corp. of this size does not know when, where, why, how and details! So, if 4000 people are waiting for their item , are tehy getting through for answers? if its just me? why?! and why not offer to expedite it if its possible, not tell me No One knows anything? I am so shocked and saddened, about the lack of sincerity, care and professionalism by this one person. The others CS reps tried!

Honored Contributor

Re: How Can A Supervisor Say "No One Know Anything"? RE: Microderm MD order

Your supervisor probably could have used more tact and diplomancy, however there are things that happen in large, complex operations that cannot be explained and are not important enough to open a full-fledged investigation.  There was obviously a delay but in the great scheme of things does the reason really matter?  All you need to know is that the EDD will change; you don't need to know why.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

After such a long delay, I feel there should be an explanation. And “no one knows anything” would not have been acceptable to me.

Honored Contributor

I have way over 20 years working in Customer Service.

i can tell you that CSR's only know what is in front of them in their computer screens..the same information that a supervisor would have.

Supervisor's supervise people.  Most of the time the reps have more knowledge about the status of your items than the Supervisor does.

One would think that in order to be a supervisor or manager you would have to work  your way up.  That is not always true.  The reason the reps have the super call you back is because they need someone to help them find the information on the computer.....usually the rep you just spoke to.  If a call is just transferred to them, they have no idea how to handle it. That is not their job...their job is to supervise people.

if you want to complain about a Rep's harsh tone or compliment someone...the Super is the person you need to talk to.

i am just guessing here, but the product could be sold out and not in stock.  More could be ordered,but the manufacturer did not send it yet.

Maybe the manufacturer did not send enough of the product to QVC as promised.  Perhaps the stuff is is on the boat from China. There could be many reasons. But if the reason is not in the computer, they have no idea and can't tell you.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie.  Right on!  I often think of what you said about supervisors when I read prople saying, "ask for a supervisor".  The line employees are much more familiar with the intricacies of their system.  I'm also flabbergasted when a customer is put out because a Q employee can't tell her whereabout exactly her package is today.  They see the same thing we see on tracking.

I was a manager in a CS sort of situation and often called customers back.....after my staffer gave me the answer to the question.  Our system was complicated and only those who used it constantly knew all the answers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Carmie.  Right on!  I often think of what you said about supervisors when I read prople saying, "ask for a supervisor".  The line employees are much more familiar with the intricacies of their system.  I'm also flabbergasted when a customer is put out because a Q employee can't tell her whereabout exactly her package is today.  They see the same thing we see on tracking.

I was a manager in a CS sort of situation and often called customers back.....after my staffer gave me the answer to the question.  Our system was complicated and only those who used it constantly knew all the answers.

Actually most of the time a supervisor is more easily able to obtain information and has access to higher level mgt or other  systems to resolve issues-they also have more authority in most cases to solve problems other than information like issuing credits etc when a CSR says can't help you etc

Thats why they are superviosrs and not CSR's

So the supervisor should have tried  a little harder to get some information to provide

surely there was an explanation and most likley a simple one -it sounds like the supervisor didn't want to deal with a complaint because they couldn't change anything but they should have attempted to provide the information or an explanation of some kind

I once received a broken bottle of perfume which soaked through the box  the CSR told me I had to return it that way to get the credit-which was ridculous.

The supervisor apologized profusely issued an immediate credit anf sent out a new one thats just one example of what a "line employee" can't or won't help with

Honored Contributor

@JobGirl  Sometimes, no one in CS knows the answer and they cannot obtain the answer for you.  They just don't know.

If the information is not in the system, it's not there.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie,  This is so right!!!!!

Supervisors manage people and everything that falls under 'budgetary expenses'

@Carmie wrote:

I have way over 20 years working in Customer Service.

i can tell you that CSR's only know what is in front of them in their computer screens..the same information that a supervisor would have.

Supervisor's supervise people.  Most of the time the reps have more knowledge about the status of your items than the Supervisor does.

One would think that in order to be a supervisor or manager you would have to work  your way up.  That is not always true.  The reason the reps have the super call you back is because they need someone to help them find the information on the computer.....usually the rep you just spoke to.  If a call is just transferred to them, they have no idea how to handle it. That is not their job...their job is to supervise people.

if you want to complain about a Rep's harsh tone or compliment someone...the Super is the person you need to talk to.

i am just guessing here, but the product could be sold out and not in stock.  More could be ordered,but the manufacturer did not send it yet.

Maybe the manufacturer did not send enough of the product to QVC as promised.  Perhaps the stuff is is on the boat from China. There could be many reasons. But if the reason is not in the computer, they have no idea and can't tell you.

Occasional Contributor

I so appreciate all your answers and feel like, gee, maybe I'm not invisible? Working in CS all my life I am aware things do happen, but letting your business contacts, coworkers and customers is vital to make sure they are informed and will repeat business. This was so unlike QVC after all C= Customer Service! and this male supervisor talked at me like he was rolling his eyes, annoyed at the need, unwilling to find out why many customers did not get their product or a courtesy email to explain... and truly came across like he just did not care. He responds  like a car salesman, not the professional caring QVC I am used to for 35 years... but i appreciate the respone. Hope I get to try the machine, even thogh ti wont be at all near Moms Day..

Occasional Contributor

I did talk to CS, to simply ask, where is it? then why has it not been able to ship? all whom were kind and tried to seek answers and also, wondered why such a lengthy gap had not been addressed, so they in turn asked a supervisor to supply some info, it was that male supervisor who turned it from unfortunate delay and no information to the indifference of attitude and no one knows anything and now I want to know! If there are - at least- 4000 people who ordered this the first week of April and hoping to have this before Mothers Day and it hasnt even shipped yet? A mass email explaining should be due. For a 'advanced supervisor" to claim No one knows, not even corporate and he refuses to ask them... what does that say? I'm  not whining because its late, I'm asking because its never shipped yet and when i plan a vacation to take this and it hey- maybe it arrives, maybe not? We all deserve an answer.