Esteemed Contributor

Make that another eye roll.  (unbelievable)

Esteemed Contributor

I have received a couple of items with odors but nothing that didn't get resolved with washing and airing out.  My worst experience with clothing has been receiving items that had actually been worn and returned  and sent out as new again!!!  I know this has been discussed on here before but it has happened to many of us and also clothing with actual stains on them!  Now that is bothersome.

Honored Contributor

I've received many items that had an odor but washing took care of it.  Never anything so offensive that I had to keep it outside.  DH just got a shirt from Amazon, no smell whatsoever.

Trusted Contributor

I used to read posts like this all the time, and never having had it happen to me, I really thought the recipients of these "horrible smelling" items might just be oversensitive to smells.

But then I did have it happen to me, twice, in all the years and with all the things I buy. The first was a handbag I ordered from a shopping channel.  It had a horrible odor ("horrible" was not an overstatement) and I tried several days of airing it out in the fresh air, but the odor wouldn't go away.  I sent it back.

The second "smelly" purchase was an Indian-type skirt from a touristy shop in Bar Harbor while I was on vacation.  Now, how I didn't notice this smell when I purchased the skirt, I'll never know.  But in the store, I just didn't smell it.  When I brought it home, and wore it, I noticed a weird smell wafting up from it.  (I think I wore it to the movies the first time....I was so sorry about that, hoping nobody else noticed!)  Washing it took care of the odor.  I should have washed it before wearing, but I don't normally do that.

I assumed both times it was some chemical used in the shipping process. 

Esteemed Contributor

It has happened a couple times to me w/QVC clothing and also from other catalog orders i have made.  My B & M

purchases have been fine so far...

Contributor

I have been shopping with the Q  since the 80's.  I have noticed, in the past year or so, that clothing items that arrive have very strong chemical smells.  I have noticed this on Quacker pants, Logo items, jeans from various vendors.  I return them and always note that this is the reason.  I just am so sad about this because I have usually loved my Q purchases and have never returned as many as I have in the past year or so.  Even washing does not seem to remove the smell.  I can only assume that they are being manufactured in a country that does not have the same standards as earlier manufacturers.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Respected Contributor

DG2 Black Denim jeans and a jacket had a strong dye odor. No amount of laundering and scented products helped. I figured it was cheaply dyed fabric. No more DG.