Horrible Shipping + Terrible Customer Service

I placed an order on the 2nd for a Lenovo Laptop, I paid for premium shipping ($35) and it said my package would be here on the 3rd. A few hours later I checked the status of my order and it said my EDD or estimated delivery date was now the 5th...I used the chat feature on qvc.com and was simply told they had no information or help of any kind regarding my shipment, I called the following morning and got the same response being told they had no vendor information either. So I waited and finally at midnight my order said shipped and had departed. At this point I wasnt very impressed on how my order was being handled so I wanted my tracking # (so I could track it on ups and get correct info), which wasnt provided so I called again. As expected they couldnt help me saying the didnt have it because the package hasnt left its origin facility even though it clearly says departed on qvc when you click track my shipment. This will be my first and last order, customer service is non-existent.
Contributor

Re: Horrible Shipping + Terrible Customer Service

I agree with your concerns;  I placed an order late evening-tried to cancel early the next morning-order status said it was "in process" and could not be canceled.

So, why did it take another 6 days to ship?  Customer service has been ridiculous.

Still have not received item that was supposedly shipped 4 days ago.  

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@Joey1725 wrote:
I placed an order on the 2nd for a Lenovo Laptop, I paid for premium shipping ($35) and it said my package would be here on the 3rd. A few hours later I checked the status of my order and it said my EDD or estimated delivery date was now the 5th...I used the chat feature on qvc.com and was simply told they had no information or help of any kind regarding my shipment, I called the following morning and got the same response being told they had no vendor information either. So I waited and finally at midnight my order said shipped and had departed. At this point I wasnt very impressed on how my order was being handled so I wanted my tracking # (so I could track it on ups and get correct info), which wasnt provided so I called again. As expected they couldnt help me saying the didnt have it because the package hasnt left its origin facility even though it clearly says departed on qvc when you click track my shipment. This will be my first and last order, customer service is non-existent.

Hi @Joey1725 I apologize that you were disappointed with us and the shipping of your Laptop. We do process higher dollar orders, especially first orders, through our Finance department and billing and shipping information needs to be verified. I am sorry that this order did not arrive on the estimated delivery date (EDD). I have sent you an email with the tracking information. Thank you for being our customer. ~Kim

Respected Contributor

Quality- so-so, Value-nope, Convenience-not at all. Not for years has QVC lived up to it's name. Better quality and value and much more convenient elsewhere. 

Respected Contributor

I have noticed on a few of the stores I shop at online, there is mention how long I have to change my order -- it is usually only a 30 minute window. 

I'm sure after that it does start going through the system and can't be pulled back without a lot of effort.  I do not push the submit button until I am 100% sure I want that item. 

Maybe QVC should put that notice on the ordering page of their site.

Respected Contributor

I am not sure why people vent all the time about shipping delays on the forum.

I also do not understand why people order and then seem to NEED everything immediately.

Many issues are beyond the control of QVC--e.g. manufacturing problems, weather, road accidents, UPS and USPS errors, customer financial issues, and so forth.

I have been a QVC customer for decades, and I shop because of the great variety of products and the fair prices.  

I own a lot of wonderful things due to the existence of QVC.  Yes, I have had issues, but all have been resolved to my satisfaction.

Being patient and pleasant is more healthy in the long term.

Honored Contributor

I can't blame any company for doing extra vetting and verification of a first time customer ordering a 'big ticket' item.

I've had my CC info 'stolen' (although it was still in my possession) and used online for multiple high dollar purchases.

What a hassle that was to get straightened out.

I just wish those companies had been as diligent and verified those purchases!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

I have noticed on a few of the stores I shop at online, there is mention how long I have to change my order -- it is usually only a 30 minute window. 

I'm sure after that it does start going through the system and can't be pulled back without a lot of effort.  I do not push the submit button until I am 100% sure I want that item. 

Maybe QVC should put that notice on the ordering page of their site.

@hellodali 

Agreed.  I know on Macy’s website, we have 30 minutes to cancel an order. With QVC, I think it is based on the item.  I’ve been able to cancel an order the next day on some things, but on others it seems like there is only a very short, e.g., 30 minutes or less, cancellation window.  I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong here, but some items ship directly from the vendor & those are usually the items that have a very short cancellation window.  Probably once it is purchased, the order is sent to the vendor electronically, so at that point the vendor would have to manage the cancellation, not QVC.  Just my thoughts; I could be totally off base.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I am not sure why people vent all the time about shipping delays on the forum.

I also do not understand why people order and then seem to NEED everything immediately.

Many issues are beyond the control of QVC--e.g. manufacturing problems, weather, road accidents, UPS and USPS errors, customer financial issues, and so forth.

I have been a QVC customer for decades, and I shop because of the great variety of products and the fair prices.  

I own a lot of wonderful things due to the existence of QVC.  Yes, I have had issues, but all have been resolved to my satisfaction.

Being patient and pleasant is more healthy in the long term.

Thank you @FancyPhillyshopper!  Your post is RIGHT ON!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I can't blame any company for doing extra vetting and verification of a first time customer ordering a 'big ticket' item.

I've had my CC info 'stolen' (although it was still in my possession) and used online for multiple high dollar purchases.

What a hassle that was to get straightened out.

I just wish those companies had been as diligent and verified those purchases!

I don’t blame the company either, but that should be made clear at time of purchase . Why pay extra for fast delivery, if that is impossible ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan