Honored Contributor

Re: Hi Social Team I Have A Question?

Why would it bother anyone if someone were looking for a specific item and another was willing to help?

I don't see what difference it makes if some are trying to help others? 

Maybe I just don't 'get it'.  I appreciate any help I could get if I have something specific in mind and another person is kind enough to tell me about it.

I think it says something about QVC that they don't feel threatened by HSN.  

There are so many more important things in life to worry about......

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

there has ALWAYS been lots of posts about different retailers and what they have to offer.......hsn, evine, macys, nordstrom, sears, walmart, amazon, sephora, ulta,.....the list goes on and on.

nothing wrong with any of them unless they contain coupon codes or direct links to the items or website.

its a fashion forum......not to just discuss qvc fashion, but ALL fashion.

Exactly! Some of the more interesting Fashion contributors like @lolakimono share valuable information from other retailers.  

As a QVC shopper I would like to see all bashing of QVC company, vendors, hosts and QVC shoppers on the board across all categories promptly removed.

That includes no bashing of QVC hosts - hair, makeup, clothing  time off. 

No bashing of QVC Corporate Executives

No bashing of QVC shoppers.

Unfortunately,  these types of posts are still permitted daily and the weekly regular one. They clearly violate the standards

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Why would it bother anyone if someone were looking for a specific item and another was willing to help?

Maybe I just don't 'get it'.  I appreciate any help I could get if I have something specific in mind and another person is kind enough to tell me about it.

It actually benefits us as consumers overall as well as being a QVC shopper. Competitive pricing,  promotions,  coupons, perks these are reasons why we shop at retailer H vs retailer Q.

I've noticed Q offering more free ship & special pricing recently more than in the past several years. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

there has ALWAYS been lots of posts about different retailers and what they have to offer.......hsn, evine, macys, nordstrom, sears, walmart, amazon, sephora, ulta,.....the list goes on and on.

nothing wrong with any of them unless they contain coupon codes or direct links to the items or website.

its a fashion forum......not to just discuss qvc fashion, but ALL fashion.

Exactly! Some of the more interesting Fashion contributors like @lolakimono share valuable information from other retailers.  

As a QVC shopper I would like to see all bashing of QVC company, vendors, hosts and QVC shoppers on the board across all categories promptly removed.

That includes no bashing of QVC hosts - hair, makeup, clothing  time off. 

No bashing of QVC Corporate Executives

No bashing of QVC shoppers.

Unfortunately,  these types of posts are still permitted daily and the weekly regular one. They clearly violate the standards

@Chi-town girl

QVC Community TeamQVC Logo   

Community Update

Keeping the forums awesome

The QVC forums have been in existence for a decade, and keeping the experience awesome is going to require every member do their part. You don’t all have to be friends, but you do have to be respectful towards each other if you wish to participate in the discussions here. We are using three methods to keep the forums awesome: removing nasty posts, closing commenting to cool off a potentially nasty discussion, and when all else fails permanently banning members who are not able to be respectful.

The negative posts we are most concerned with are the posts that are nasty (i.e. personal attacks). Community members are welcome to share a negative review about a product or brand, unhappiness with programming, and even share displeasure with a host. But nasty (i.e. personal attack) comments will be removed and may result in the author being permanently banned. Those who took the survey share our interest in removing the nasty comments directed towards fellow Community members and hosts,

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Community-Update/ba-p/1855164

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Annabellethecat wrote:

Hi, @Annabellethecat66!   I hope your recovery from surgery is going well.❤️

This isn't about not helping others find products or services they need or want.    The Community is filled with threads containing that kind of info, and it's not against the standards to do this. 

The only thing the moderators don't allow are links to sites that sell merchandise.   Any merchandise or services.    I usually look to see if a site has a shopping cart or any obvious listings of items/services that can be purchased with a click.

They also remove images that have hidden hyperlinks to sites selling items or services.    Those are images which are "clickable" and redirect us to a website -- I think sometimes posters don't realize they've included that when they copy and paste images. 

Sometimes they delete posts or threads that clearly are advertisements.   I'm thinking that falls under this part of the Standards for Participation: 

"Use of these public areas for commercial purposes is prohibited. Do not use any Community features (including, but not limited to, video, forums, reviews, images, and profiles) to solicit funds, advertise, or solicit goods or services, or post third-party promotional material. Only use these public areas and Community features for non-commercial purposes."

I don't think anyone is worried.   @Spurt was simply asking for clarification, and that helps all of us understand a little better how the forums operate.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Hi, @Annabellethecat66!   I hope your recovery from surgery is going well.❤️

This isn't about not helping others find products or services they need or want.    The Community is filled with threads containing that kind of info, and it's not against the standards to do this. 

The only thing the moderators don't allow are links to sites that sell merchandise.   Any merchandise or services.    I usually look to see if a site has a shopping cart or any obvious listings of items/services that can be purchased with a click.

They also remove images that have hidden hyperlinks to sites selling items or services.    Those are images which are "clickable" and redirect us to a website -- I think sometimes posters don't realize they've included that when they copy and paste images. 

Sometimes they delete posts or threads that clearly are advertisements.   I'm thinking that falls under this part of the Standards for Participation: 

"Use of these public areas for commercial purposes is prohibited. Do not use any Community features (including, but not limited to, video, forums, reviews, images, and profiles) to solicit funds, advertise, or solicit goods or services, or post third-party promotional material. Only use these public areas and Community features for non-commercial purposes."

I don't think anyone is worried.   @Spurt was simply asking for clarification, and that helps all of us understand a little better how the forums operate.

@dooBdoo

Thanks DOOBDOO for the support.  I think you and @VaBelle35 hit the nail on the head with images that linked back to the website and that was the reason they got deleted.  And I think the Eureka and pet food deletion was just an honest mistake........

@Annabellethecat66  I am one that enjoys bargains and enjoys the helpfulness on the forums regarding suggestions for goods and/or services and by no means was trying to squish them....just asking for clarification as dooBdoo said due to inconistencies....  Hope you are doing well after your surgery--and best wishes for a speedy recovery! 

@dooBdoo @Annabellethecat66 

I didnt mean to open up a can of worms....but just going by the adage my mom always told me, "never be afraid to ask"...............Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

download.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I don't know where this falls but someone mentioned more free shipping, etc.

I've noticed several times I've received different items in the same boxes.  I don't have a problem with that but I'm not stupid....it's QVC's way of saving money on THEIR part, yet they STILL charge me the $3 for shipping and handling on every single item put in the box.  

I'm finding myself looking for items I might otherwise have bought on QVC on Amazon Prime with free shipping and getting it within 2 days often.  Just saying.......

Regular Contributor

@Shanus

This is the thread with Mod comments about posting links , hth! Smiley Happy