Honored Contributor
Accepted Solution

Hi Social Team I Have A Question?

[ Edited ]

@QVC Social Team

I just have a general question.  I see a lot of posts in Fashion Category regarding HSN's clothing they even include HSN item numbers.  Since this is a QVC Forum why are these threads allowed????  Is it because QVC's parent company, Liberty Interactive owns 38% of HSN?  

I noticed other threads that mention other retailers are removed even if QVC doesn't even sell that same category of item.  

Thanks for your time and assistance regarding this matter.   Have a great day Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Hi Social Team I Have A Question?

I agree.

They also allow Zulilly threads, which is also partially owned by Q's parent company.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@QVC Social Team

I just have a general question.  I see a lot of posts in Fashion Category regarding HSN's clothing they even include HSN item numbers.  Since this is a QVC Forum why are these threads allowed????  Is it because QVC's parent company, Liberty Interactive owns 38% of HSN?  

I noticed other threads that mention other retailers are removed even if QVC doesn't even sell that same category of item.  

Thanks for your time and assistance regarding this matter.   Have a great day Woman Very Happy

From what I've seen, only the threads that contain links are removed.  Everything else stays.  It seems people are permitted to advertise for HSN.

Honored Contributor

there has ALWAYS been lots of posts about different retailers and what they have to offer.......hsn, evine, macys, nordstrom, sears, walmart, amazon, sephora, ulta,.....the list goes on and on.

nothing wrong with any of them unless they contain coupon codes or direct links to the items or website.

its a fashion forum......not to just discuss qvc fashion, but ALL fashion.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Mj12You have my interpretation of the advertise/link controversy.  I don't remember ever seeing an actual link to any retailer that wasn't deleted, but I do think if I wanted to compare the Susan G pants I received yesterday to a pair I bought a few months back, I could include the name of the brand and the store as long as I didn't provide a link. 

If they did allow links to other companies within Liberty's ownership, that would not dismay me.  I'm still not going to either of those companies, but I wouldn't click on any links if I wanted to shop there.  Maybe it was just a co-incidence, but some years ago, I got a virus so bad after clicking on a link here in the Forums that I had to hire a techie to cleanse my machine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MJ12 wrote:

SPURT wrote:

@QVC Social Team

From what I've seen, only the threads that contain links are removed.  Everything else stays.  It seems people are permitted to advertise for HSN.

That's what I've seen the moderators say about links, @Mj12.   

As long as no hyperlink is included (and we have to be careful that an image we copy and paste doesn't contain a "clickable" hyperlink) we can talk about items offered by other retailers, and not just HSN.   

Right now there are multitudes of threads with all sorts of pix, item numbers, prices, website names, etc., that have nothing to do with QVC or QVC affiliates.   The "Fashion," "Jewelry," "Beauty," and "Kitchen" have them pretty much on a daily basis.

Just as a sidebar regarding the links...  they don't allow any links to any sites selling merchandise.    It doesn't matter if it's a product that the Q sells, or if it's in direct competition, etc.    Any links to any sites with a shopping cart or items for sale are removed, from what I've seen.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

another point.....

if we HAD to stop discussing any other retailers or stop posting photos these forums would be even MORE dead than they have become overall compared to what they were.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo @millieshops @sunshine45 @Mj12 @KingstonsMom

One time someone was asking for a recommendation on vacuums other than Shark or Dyson and I replied Eureka Airspeed Pet...that was it just the name, there were no links no price , no websites yet my post was deleted, and it was a stand alone reply nothing was quoted from another post.

Also another time in Home I had just posted a photo with no links no website and simply mentioned Kirklands and that was deleted.........

And another time recommendations on safe brands of pet food no links, no website, no coupons and that was deleted, we just mentioned the Brand and flavor

So thats why I am asking..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
QVC Customer Care

@Spurt  We are aware of the item numbers from HSN, that is not against standards. If other retailers were deleted it would be because a link was provided, which is against standards.

Susan Q-Social

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan-QVC

Thank you for your reply.  But see my reply above and those examples and there were no links and no agrumentative posts....just pleasant conversation.. this was awhile back but seeing other posts and that's why I was asking to prevent confusion on my part..