Esteemed Contributor

Help with Poster names please.....

So over in the TV forums there is a Nancy Drew and I am Nancy Drew1. The posters said she doesn't want to be Nancy Drew because she wants old name  antiquarian but  had no choice to take Nancy Drew. She explains it in her post on the Amy Schumer thread. If you can help her get antiquarian and I keep Nancy Drew1 that would help us out with confusion on who is who. TIA

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Contributor

Re: Help with Poster names please.....

Thank you, @Nancy Drew   Hope they can straighten this out for us!  

"Antiquarian"

Honored Contributor

Hi, @Nancy Drew / @antiquarian!   I'm sorry you're having problems.   I saw your and @Nancy Drew's posts and wanted to try and help.   I'm not sure if you want to try and get access back to the "antiquarian" account or just change the nickname for this new one, so I'll post directions for both.

Each posting/shopping account has only one unique email address and that email address is associated with a unique password.   

When you enter the email on the login page, the software goes looking for an existing account and if it finds one it also "sees" an existing password.   You have to be careful to enter the email address with no mistakes -- otherwise, the website will not find that address in its files.   It will "see" the address as being a new, unrecognized person and will direct you to create a new password and new account with a different nickname.

If you want to try and access the older, established "antiquarian" account, enter the email you always used for that one, and hit return or click/tap "Continue":

forgotpasswordstep1

Then, instead of entering a password, click/tap "Forgot your password?":

forgotpasswordexample

You'll be redirected to this screen.  Just create a new password and then go to your email account to follow instructions there:

resetyourpasswordscreen

If you have problems or questions we can't answer, I'd suggest that you send an email address to the moderators and explain the problem, perhaps directing them to this thread so they can read the details here.   Their address is:  QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.

I know this site can be aggravating.   Fingers crossed you'll find a happy solution.   Be safe and well, everyone.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew,  If all you want to do is change your posting name on the "Nancy Drew" account, here are instructions I posted on an older thread:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To change your Community nickname, these are the steps (I think they'll be the same no matter what device you're using, but if someone sees a different set of steps/options, please let us know):

1 -- Go to the shopping area of QVC.com 

and then to the "My Account" section

(Note that this is located in your personal account for the shopping site 

where you enter things like your shipping address,

payment and billing info, etc.  --   

it is not located in the profile/settings

for the Community forums.)

2 -- Choose "Account Settings" 

3 -- You'll see "Nickname" as one of the settings

4 -- Your current one will be displayed, and you can click/tap the word "Edit"

5 -- Enter the new name in the box provided below the current name

6 -- Click/tap "Save"

7 -- If it accepts the change (important:  you might get a message telling you the name has previously been used, so you'll need to try a different one), then log out.

8 -- Then log back into the Community and the change will take effect.

(A nickname change might not take effect

until you log out of the Community

and then log back in).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Anyone else been around long enough to remember that Christmas? season of name changes?  That was fun.

Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Anyone else been around long enough to remember that Christmas? season of name changes?  That was fun.

I do!  That's why I changed my name to Mary Bailey.  I don't remember what I was before that. LOL

Honored Contributor

if you dont want to wait for the mods help with this, do what i did.......

just add a capital A to your name and use Antiquarian...or ANTIQUARIAN......or anitquarian1.

i lost my "sunshine45" a few years ago and could never get it back, no matter how much help i had, it just did not work. i just went with Sunshine45. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
QVC Customer Care

Hi @Nancy Drew everyone gave you good advice. Here are the instructions I have:

Change Community Nic

1 -- Go into "My Account" (the general account for the shopping site, where you enter things like your shipping address, payment info, etc. -- this is not in the profile/settings for the Community)

2 -- Under "Personal Information" choose "My Nickname"

3 -- You'll see your current one and, below that, "New Nickname"

4 -- Enter the new name

5 -- Click "Continue"

6 -- If it accepts the change (you might get a message telling you the name has previously been used, so you'll need to try a different one), then log out.

7 -- Then log back into the Community and the change will take effect.

(nickname change won't take effect until you log out of the Community and then back in).

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Nancy Drew Unfortunately we cannot change it for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

I do!  That's why I changed my name to Mary Bailey.  I don't remember what I was before that. LOL

All I remember was that it was long funny thread.  I did not change.  Noel?  Scotty?  Plaid Pants?