Respected Contributor

Help with Forum Nickname pls

I changed my nickname on my account and saved.  When I look in my account it shows the new nickname but the new name does not appear when posting.

Can you help pls?  TIA.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Help with Forum Nickname pls

I tried this myself and it didn't change my forum name so I think you have to register under a new email address, for instance if you have an address with yahoo then you should get a new email address with say gmail.  In that way you can register under a new forum name.  This has worked for me in the past but since I have 3 email accounts I don't want another so I will have to stay with my present forum name.  Hope this helps you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never changed mine. I found this posted on the forums by @dooBdoo. Someone posted it works so guess you can try it.

To change your Community nickname, these are the steps:

1 -- Go to the shopping area of QVC.com and then to the "My Account" section

(Note that this is located in your personal account for the shopping site 

where you enter things like your shipping address,

payment and billing info, etc.  --   

it is not located in the profile/settings for the Community forums.)

2 -- Under "Personal Information" choose "My Nickname"

3 -- You'll see your current one and, below that, "New Nickname"

4 -- Enter the new name

5 -- Click "Continue"

6 -- If it accepts the change (you might get a message telling you the name has previously been used, so you'll need to try a different one), then log out.

7 -- Then log back into the Community and the change will take effect.

(A nickname change won't take effect until you log out of the Community and then back in).

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz , I did all of this and it didn't change.  The change was reflected on my account a d was saved.  When I log into my account, it shows the new nickname but that is not what appears when I post.

Thanks for the effort.  

Respected Contributor

@newname0 , I have run out of email accounts lol.  If I can't get it fixed, I will simply keep the current one.  Thanks for your help.  Much appreciated.