Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Help in understanding return shipping fees

@Alice-QVC Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it very much.😊

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply. It takes my old brain a little longer to process. I guess I was still under the impression that original shipping was refunded like it use to be. I understand the fees now.....again, thanks everyone.😊😊😊😊

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

To me $6.95 is fair if I don't have to stand in line at the Post Office and mess with that. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

To me $6.95 is fair if I don't have to stand in line at the Post Office and mess with that. 

Not to mention, I have no idea where posters are getting so much cheaper postage fees unless they are slapping stamps on it and dropping it in the mailbox.

9 times out of 10, the return label is cheaper than me returning an item myself through either UPS or USPS.  I think one time I was able to get a cheaper price through USPS.  I saved about $2.00.  I had to drive to the post office, get out of my car, stand in line and drive back home.  So not worth a $2.00 savings.  If you use Click and Ship from your own computer or inside the lobby of the post office, pretty much everything has to be returned priority so the price is high. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

6.95 is a deal. i tried to return 2 long gauzy dusters. they were not heavy at all. 

they didn't come with a shipping label for return either. I took them to the post office, and was shocked when she said almost $14 to return.  no, no, no.  

i ended up keeping them instead. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Alice-QVC

You are welcome Alice. I understand how someone who has not returned before could be confused.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Grandmapetes  You are charged the shipping however much to you and if you return it on their label you're charged that too.  You lose $9.95.  You're refunded the amount of the item either full amt or the easy payment(s) made and tax if you pay tax. That's it.

If you return more than one item in the same bag on their label you are charged $6.95 for each item returned in addition to the shipping amt you paid to get each item.could be $12.95

If you ordered two of the same item, pd shipping on each and then returned both in the same bag on their label, you're charged $6.95 plus however much the shipping was that you paid to get the items. This could total $12.95 (label + $3 + $3).

CS confused you when she said there was an additional fee if you use their label. That's bull. You paid (I'm assuming) $3 to get it to you and $6.95 if you used their label all for $9.95.

Sidenote - it actually costs more to return on the hsn label and the evine label.

If you buy something with free s/h and you return it on their label, you're charged $6.95 and refunded the amt or easy pay of the item and tax.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl  It is very confusing, took me awhile too.

Sometimes I take my packages to the USPS to get a return rate to pay myself if I think or know I can return for less than anyone's pre-pd return labels.  I keep my USPS receipts too for tracking as well to watch my credits back to make sure I'm not charged for their label when I paid return myself.  They erroneously do this sometimes.  It's imperative to check refunds closely.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@LipstickDiva wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Not to mention, I have no idea where posters are getting so much cheaper postage fees unless they are slapping stamps on it and dropping it in the mailbox.

9 times out of 10, the return label is cheaper than me returning an item myself through either UPS or USPS.  I think one time I was able to get a cheaper price through USPS.  I saved about $2.00.  I had to drive to the post office, get out of my car, stand in line and drive back home.  So not worth a $2.00 savings.  If you use Click and Ship from your own computer or inside the lobby of the post office, pretty much everything has to be returned priority so the price is high. 

@LipstickDiva shipping rates are determined by weight and distance. I live in Philly so if I return a small package (say jewelry or 1 item of clothing) it is cheaper for me to send back and pay my own postage than to use the Q return label since it's not traveling far. As for driving to the PO, I work in downtown Philly. The post office is in the concourse of my building. I walk past it every single day at least 2x a day (coming & leaving work) so there is no additional travel time for me to use the PO and my returns get to QVC in a day or two when I pay my own postage and return versus using the Q label. As for big items I use the Q label b/c then it is usually cheaper.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Some items cost more that $6.95 to return....shoes, jeans, for example.