Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Help in understanding return shipping fees

[ Edited ]

I’m hoping the Mods or someone can help me understand return shipping. I purchased a dress. 

3.00 shipping

Total 50.84

Used the return label of 6.95. I was actually charged 9.95. Spoke to CS and was told that  the 3.00 additional is the label fee. When I asked what that meant, they said they don’t refund original shipping. I understand that, but I should only be charged 6.95 for return shipping, not an additional 3.00. They aren’t refunding me the original shipping. I paid that in the 50.84 total. The shipping label says 6.95. I’m either very dumb or very confused or both. So how I see it, my total cost for shipping was 12.95. Hopefully someone can explain this to me. Quite an eye opener....I think my days of ordering from the Q are over.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Help in understanding return shipping fees

I would appreciate clarification on this too. Sounds like it costs $10 to try something and then return it. Ouch.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@happygal wrote:

I would appreciate clarification on this too. Sounds like it costs $10 to try something and then return it. Ouch.

I am totally confused @happygal as well. I already paid the 3.00 to have it shipped. If they deduct the 6.95 for the Return Label shipping, they aren’t refunding the original 3.00, they should simply be charging me 6.95. I feel really dumb because I do not understand their thinking on this. I’m hoping for clarification. If this is the case, my shopping days on the Q are over. With what they charged, it cost me 12.95 to try on that dress. I also check other returns and saw it cost me 12.95 to find out the Makeup shade was too orange. Pretty discouraging.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Grandmapetes  Since you paid the entire amount in full (not easy pay), your credit should be $40.89. 

That would be the total paid of $50.89 minus the shipping to you of $3.00 and back to QVC for $6.95.  Total cost of shipping would be $9.95, so they subtract that from the total amount that you paid.

It gets confusing when there is auto pay, so sometimes I write it down so it makes it more easy to understand.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@happygal  Yes, it would be $9.95 for basically getting and returning.  I makes me really think if I want to return items.  It's not as bad when there is free shipping days, but those don't happen very often, so there is less ordering on items that I have to try on first. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@CAcableGirl Thank you for your reply. I’m still confused. The original 3.00 has already been paid to QVC. It’s in the total of 50.84. If I’m charged 6.95 to return, none of the original shipping is being refunded to me. If I’m charged 3.00 originally, and 6.95 that’s printed on the label, plus you are deducting the original 3.00, then my return shipping is 12.95. I’m not a rocket scientist, but the 3.00 was already paid in the original transaction, yet you’re charging me 3.00 again and 6.95. If you deduct 6.95 for returns, you still have the 3.00 in the original charges. This just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Grandmapetes

In the end you are charged the $3.00 for getting it, and the $6.95 label fee for returning it.

In the past they refunded the cost of original shipping, but that was discontinued sometime ago.  So yes, it costs $9.95 to try something on  and return it.

Take the amount you originally were charged including the cost to get it ($3.00) in your case, then if you return it you do not get your $3.00 back plus you pay the label fee.

Yes, it does add up if you make a return and not an exchange.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I rarely return items, but when I do I never use the return label. -- too expensive.  I ship my items through the post office and get proof of shipment and the cost is at least half of that $6.95 return label charge.  Of course it depends on how heavy the return package is.  Yes, I'm still stuck paying the original $3 shipping, but I still save in the long run.  The  return shipping label option is probably a big money maker for the Q.

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

Hi @Grandmapetes, I sent you an email concerning the return shipping and handling for your order. 

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

Thank you @njgirl and @CAcableGirl, I could not have explained it better. They are absolutely correct. If you take your total refund and deduct it from what the total was for the order you should get $9.95 if the original shipping was $3.00. 

Thank you again @CAcableGirl and @njgirl we appreciate your help.